• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Was it a PEN?

don't know if this has been covered but never mind.

whilst at the game i was sure it was a leeds hand that hit the ball and thought it was never a pen. just watched the highlights and it was a francis hand and i think we were very lucky not to have got a late pen against us.

whats everyone else's views on this?

They should have had a penalty, but we were fouled first.

If we wasn't fouled first, that would have been a penalty and we would have lost.

MK Shrimper, The Championship deffiently showed it as a southend hand! ;)

Regardless of the foul on Francis, it was a Leeds hand. I had a clear view.

So did I, it looked at first like a Leeds hand but it was Francis ' hand . Did you see it on TV today ? He jumped with his hand up. I also thought he was pushed after handling the ball .

WHAT WAS HE THINKING ??????????

They're wrong! Despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary, I am always right :)

I could of sworn it was a Leeds hand. I leapt up and screamed "Handball" as well.... Didn't catch the Championship..... :(

Which is why I thought the Ref had given a pen . Sit down next time !!!!!!!

i honestly thought it was a leeds fan whilst i was there but after watching it on tv, francis handled it. we were very vert very lucky

I could of sworn it was a Leeds hand. I leapt up and screamed "Handball" as well.... :(

:hilarious:

Bet you looked like a right fool. You got all the leeds fan shouting for a penalty and southend fans going no don't give it then theres you "Handball. It was a handball."

Anyway , reading the other thread - looks like we agree it was no foul by Gower so they shouldn't have got their goal .

And even if it was a pen , Daryl was in such good form he would've saved it

SO WE WOZ ROBBED !!!!!!!!!!

agree, was never a foul to get the free-kick. it was like that all game. all leeds had to do was fall over and they got a free-kick. so very fare point

Bet you looked like a right fool. You got all the leeds fan shouting for a penalty and southend fans going no don't give it then theres you "Handball. It was a handball."

Not for the first time :) However I wasn't alone in jumping up!

Regardless of the foul on Francis, it was a Leeds hand. I had a clear view

lol, looks like we cant agree on anything MK, it looked like Francis to me

Finally somebody who didn't think it was a penalty. Even Tilly said the ref "bottled the decision" & that we had a bit of luck.

I was in the East stand almost in line with the edge of the penalty area & in my view it was probably the most stonewall penalty not given this season. You sense the shock & relief around 3 quarters of the ground when the ref gave us the free kick. Any "pushing" came after the handball, when they collided!

Francis if you ever do that again, I think most of us will chop your hands off!!

The contact with Francis was definately before he handled it. It's pretty clear on TV. Whether the contact was enough to justify a free-kick or not, well that is another question.

So we are all agreed then, Francis jumped and handled the ball 'cos he knew he was going to be pushed . No pen -- spot on ref !

It definitely looked like Francis' arm wathcing it on TV and it did look like he was pushed aswell but I think we were a bit lucky. If the ref had given a pen and Leeds scored it would have been daylight robbery!

Back