• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimperforlife

Director
Guys

A question,

I sit in the South Lower and don't get a good view

But was Liam offside yesterday from the free kick...??

All I saw was the deflection off the wall, the save and then it go in...??

Can somebody shed light on this for me please?:unsure:

I've only seen it the once, but my initial reaction was he wasnt. The only way he could have been was if he was offside when the kick was struck, because how I saw it was the keeper save it and it squirmed under/to the side of his body and Liam put it in.

Seemed a late flag IMO.

No he wasn't. I videoed it from right behind the goal and it didn't touch a southend player after the ball was struck until Dickinson put it in the net

The lino was an utter plank .. how he missed the last minute handball when it was no more than 20 yards away from him was beyond belief

I'm sure he wasn't. I was watching him as the free-kick was taken as he was grappling with their Number 2 (something that went on unnoticed by the Officials all game) and the 2 was keeping him onside at the very least.

That's 3 times this season now, two disallowed Blues goals and a disallowed opposition goal, that such goals have been ruled out for offside. I believe on each occassion the Assistant does not know whether the attacker was fside when the free-kick was taken and has felt he must raise the flag just in case.

Not good enough really. Of course this was the same Assistant who failed to spot Price's deliberate handball in the area in stoppage time.

No offside, for me the ball deflected off a Morecambe player in the ball then the keeper saved it, Dickinson put it in. However the incident with price handballing it was not a penalty, he slipped over and fell on top if the ball, there wasn't a Southend player close enough to gain advantage if his hands didn't touch the ball, if a Southend player was right next to him when he fell you could argue the fact. Handball has to be either denying a real goal scoring opportunity or deliberate and I think Price is experienced enough not to do something that stupid

I was in line with it in the family enclosure. He was definitely onside, Harris was the furthest forward as I watched him move back in line with the defence as the ball was kicked. Dickinson was further back and simply reacted very quickly to get to the ball first.

No way was he off when the free kick was taken. After that it came off the keeper. Goal should have stood.

No offside, for me the ball deflected off a Morecambe player in the ball then the keeper saved it, Dickinson put it in. However the incident with price handballing it was not a penalty, he slipped over and fell on top if the ball, there wasn't a Southend player close enough to gain advantage if his hands didn't touch the ball, if a Southend player was right next to him when he fell you could argue the fact. Handball has to be either denying a real goal scoring opportunity or deliberate and I think Price is experienced enough not to do something that stupid

A few facts.

Whether it deflected off a Morecambe player is not relevant.

Handball: The proximity of an opposing player is not relevant. Whether it is denying a real goal scoring opportunity is not relevant to the awarding a free-kick for handball, merely to any subsequent sanction. All handballs have to be deemed to be deliberate. For this purpose a player who has his hands in an unnatural position when attempting to block the ball will be deemed to have handled deliberately.

Both incidents were at the wrong end for me to have a firm opinion one way or the other.

Have to say my initial reaction hasn't changed - I thought he was onside when the ball was struck & thus the goal should have stood....

He was definitely onside but to be fair I didn't see it, as there were still a lot of balloons flying about, and I'm easily distracted.

looked onside from my view in family stand. Also Price virtually picked the ball up like you do when you think you are going to be getting a free kick. Very lucky

I wouldn't have put my flag up but that's all I'm saying.

Actually I would have given a penalty for the goal keeper handling the ball in the area, aswell as awarding the goal.

:loyalsupporter:

Back