• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Was Molesley the wrong choice?

Starting to think Mark was the wrong choice as manager already, I know a lot of you will reply and say Ron is mainly to blame for the predicament we are in, and largely I agree.

However for all his faults and he had plenty we were starting to pick up results at the end of Sol's tenure, and in the space of a month in charge MM has turned the same group of players into a team that get's beaten 4-0 at home by the not so mighty Harrogate Town.

For me MM doesn't know the football league, isn't well connected within the game other than Bournemouth where he was U23's coach, doesn't know what football league standards are and is doomed to failure in my opinion

The alarm bells stated ringing for me the moment he booted Lee Harrison out of the club. I know managers like to bring in their own staff but there is no way the new GK coach is anywhere near Lee's standard and Ron should of put his foot down and said no to that appointment.

Watching Hobson trying to defend at the weekend had me wishing Harry Lennon was back in the team and I think Lennon is an absolute liability.

Then to top it off I read yesterday that MM wants to bring a youngster in on loan from Spurs when we are crying out for some experienced players.

I am hoping Saturday was a one off bad performance and things turn around quickly, but I am seriously doubtful. A few more results like that and Ron will have to bite the bullet and let him go, and go cap in hand to Fagan who should of been given the job in the first place!

Zzzzzzzzz

Every one makes mistakes. It's how you learn from them that matters.

Also anyone remember the season Orient went down? Yes, they had about a billion managers and all they did was **** their pants the whole season.

I agree ? did you know, that MM has a 100% loss rate in the football league ?

He should have been sacked weeks ago :Whistling:

I have said about every manager they should be given time and it's no different for MM. Saturday was utterly Bondesque. However, I have every belief that he will learn, react and change things very quickly.

The alarm will come if we continue to pass it around in our own box pretending we have Prem league standard players, and fail to accept we currently probably only have one maybe two combinations that could make a 2 man central midfield in a 442 viable.

As I said with Sol you can only judge the man when he has been able to bring his own players in and he can deploy them in his preferred style and formation. Until then we have to play with what we have and thanks to Saturday its now abundantly clear what that involves not doing.

I believe it will improve and MM will be fine and very successful.

If he repeated how we set and played verses Harrogate 10 times then we would be in the Bond situation all over again and that cannot happen and MM will not allow it to happen.

Personally I would have gone for a Sturrock type figure with contacts and experience, listening to the lockdown interviews (particularly Barry Corr and Michael Phillips with Rylee) show just how important he was that summer.

But it's clear we didn't have the funds and if we aren't going down that route, then Molesely is a very promising appointment. He's certainly not to blame, whatever happens this season.

Put Guardiola, Mourinho, Klopp and Zidane in a joint managerial role and they'd struggle to get a mid-table finish with this squad.

They sure would with Mourinho sticking his oar in

Every one makes mistakes. It's how you learn from them that matters.

Also anyone remember the season Orient went down? Yes, they had about a billion managers and all they did was **** their pants the whole season.

Yes, I highly recommend chopping and changing your manager as often as possible when your chairman is running the club into the ground. Here is the list of heroism under Mad Frank:

Russell Slade (8 league games)
Kevin Nugent (6)
Mauro Milanese (5)
Fabio Liverani (26)
Ian Hendon (26)
Kevin Nolan (15)
Andy Hessenthaler (14)
Andy Edwards (2)
Alberto Cavasin (7)
Andy Edwards (9)
Danny Webb (12)
Omer Riza (7)

As far as im concerned ,Mods please close this thread it has to be joke, the man cannot be serious ,if he is theres a place he should go if its still open that is ,its called Runwell Hospital .

Yes, I highly recommend chopping and changing your manager as often as possible when your chairman is running the club into the ground. Here is the list of heroism under Mad Frank:

Kevin Nugent (6)
Mauro Milanese (5)
Fabio Liverani (26)
Ian Hendon (26)
Kevin Nolan (15)
Andy Hessenthaler (14)
Andy Edwards (2)
Alberto Cavasin (7)
Andy Edwards (9)
Danny Webb (12)
Omer Riza (7)
Thats the starting line up for our next squad and their ages next to it

Kevin Nugent (6)
Mauro Milanese (5)
Fabio Liverani (26)
Ian Hendon (26)
Kevin Nolan (15)
Andy Hessenthaler (14)
Andy Edwards (2)
Alberto Cavasin (7)
Andy Edwards (9)
Danny Webb (12)
Omer Riza (7)

That reads like a horror story.

Whilst this thread is all fun and games, on a more serious note, MM isn’t beyond criticism.

He’s obviously a stickler for the 442 system, having employed that formation at Weymouth & throughout our entire pre-season.

Frankly I think it’s the wrong set up for our squad as it currently stands, and the system is leaving us very unbalanced... as witnessed on Saturday when our midfield was swamped & our outlets were non-existent.

If he persists with it, and we carry on taking hammerings, then questions will - rightly - be asked.

However, any notion we’ve employed the wrong man, simply based on one league game is probably as redundant as it gets. That should not be discussed until he’s had at least a fair shake.

I don’t envy his job at all.

From an inside perspective, the players seem very keen on him and are currently enjoying training & MM’s tutelage as a whole. We’re not a million miles away from being a competent team, we just need a few key aspects to be adjusted... first and foremost, our fitness levels, which will hopefully come sooner rather than later.

Back