• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Was Molesley the wrong choice?

Long term no, but not at this current time. We need a Big Sam or Colin type manager who can get the best out of a team that is in the ?

That reads like a horror story.

It very much was. Your current script has a lot of the same scenes (the ones where a bunch of teenagers get murdered). Hopefully you won’t get the one where Ron Martin snorts a heap of bugle on Boxing Day and then kicks the manager up the arse on the touchline.

Maybe he has unbelievable contacts, and, he has lined up a number of gun signings but until the embargo is lifted we will never know.
Yes we lost 4-0 on Saturday but it was against a street wise savvy team who overwhelmed us.
When you are forced to field essentially a youth team things like that can happen.
Lee Harrison is a complete irrelevance. Managers come and managers go, and, as they do so, so do coaches.
I have no doubt that Harrison is both a lovely guy and a competent goal keeping coach but suspect the influence he exerted in the greater scheme of things was minimal. His presence seemed not to help out Chris Powell when things went to pieces at the end of his tenure. Harrison was also at the club when Bond, Waddock and SC were in charge which was the most disastrous period in the club's history. Football is a results based business, and, on that basis, whoever took over after SC was well within his rights on insisting on a total clear out of all staff.
MM may or may not succeed, but, whether he does or not, will likely be decided by the level of financial support he receives from the powers that be. Some may disagree, but I would submit until after the embargo is lifted (if ever?) it will be impossible to pass judgement on the competency of MM.
And even if he proves to be an abject failure it is my contention that Lee Harrison's departure will have no bearing whatsoever on the situation.

The guy’s very highly-rated by the likes of Eddie Howe and has just steered Weymouth to back-to-back promotions. Okay it’s at a lower level but he’s got a decent CV for a young manager and clearly has a great record In non-league football. That could prove very valuable to us for obvious reasons in the future....

If we drop this season it won’t be down to MM - it’ll be down to the criminal way this club has been run over the past four years (and probably dating further back than that). You want someone to blame? I’ve been a supporter of Ron up until a couple of years back but some of the decisions he’s made here (not replacing Steve Kavanagh for one while also hiring some dreadful managers since Brown’s departure) are the reason we’re experiencing this huge fall from grace....

I honestly think Pep, Klopp or Arteta could arrive at Roots Hall and they wouldn’t be able to get a tune out of a youth team in a professional league.

Last edited:
I understand your frustration and disappointment with Saturday's performance and result . Like yourself I was in the Fagan camp for the next managers role. However, since MM's appointment I am more than happy to give him the time and chance to work with the tools that he has in his tool box. Not all of his decisions may not to be everyone liking but his decisions need to be given time, not 5 minutes.

With regards to Hobson again I have seen enough to believe he will be a good young signing and could form a good partnership with a fit Lennon.

Finally, on your remark on your 'not so mighty Harrogate'. Don't forget that due to them being involved in the play-offs they would have had a longer pre-season. Therefore they would have been way ahead of our fitness levels. As much as I was hoping for a positive result on Saturday it didn't surprise me. What did surprise me and make me angry was the individual mistakes by players. MM is not in my lines of fire....yet ..

UTB.!

Lennon? Christ, I’d rather have Dieng at CB....:Stunned:

Starting to think Mark was the wrong choice as manager already, I know a lot of you will reply and say Ron is mainly to blame for the predicament we are in, and largely I agree.

However for all his faults and he had plenty we were starting to pick up results at the end of Sol's tenure, and in the space of a month in charge MM has turned the same group of players into a team that get's beaten 4-0 at home by the not so mighty Harrogate Town.

For me MM doesn't know the football league, isn't well connected within the game other than Bournemouth where he was U23's coach, doesn't know what football league standards are and is doomed to failure in my opinion

The alarm bells stated ringing for me the moment he booted Lee Harrison out of the club. I know managers like to bring in their own staff but there is no way the new GK coach is anywhere near Lee's standard and Ron should of put his foot down and said no to that appointment.

Watching Hobson trying to defend at the weekend had me wishing Harry Lennon was back in the team and I think Lennon is an absolute liability.

Then to top it off I read yesterday that MM wants to bring a youngster in on loan from Spurs when we are crying out for some experienced players.

I am hoping Saturday was a one off bad performance and things turn around quickly, but I am seriously doubtful. A few more results like that and Ron will have to bite the bullet and let him go, and go cap in hand to Fagan who should of been given the job in the first place!

You are Sol and I claim the £5.

This is genuinely a staggering thread.

Whatever experience he may or may not have, one thing is clear and that’s that players seem to really like him. That will count for a lot.
They don't just like him but are enjoying respecting his coaching methods.
Some of the younger inexperienced players don't at first grasp why they are being told something and he takes time to explain with the help of the more experienced pro's. It's a steep learning curve for lots of them and a big refreshing change from sols ' you can't be offside from a throw on' type coaching!!!
Plus he hasn't got over friendly on social media with players other halves or club staff! Always a bonus !
Plus he seems to have lots of set piece ideas which will be of use when they have had more chance to bed them in.

No "Honeymoon Period" let's go straight to the "Divorce" Even by this forum's past history of negative comments this takes the biscuit. We'll be saying bring back Sol soon.

No "Honeymoon Period" let's go straight to the "Divorce" Even by this forum's past history of negative comments this takes the biscuit. We'll be saying bring back Sol soon.
Please, not even in jest! There is bound to be some misguided fool that will follow that up.

Starting to think Mark was the wrong choice as manager already, I know a lot of you will reply and say Ron is mainly to blame for the predicament we are in, and largely I agree.

However for all his faults and he had plenty we were starting to pick up results at the end of Sol's tenure, and in the space of a month in charge MM has turned the same group of players into a team that get's beaten 4-0 at home by the not so mighty Harrogate Town.

For me MM doesn't know the football league, isn't well connected within the game other than Bournemouth where he was U23's coach, doesn't know what football league standards are and is doomed to failure in my opinion

The alarm bells stated ringing for me the moment he booted Lee Harrison out of the club. I know managers like to bring in their own staff but there is no way the new GK coach is anywhere near Lee's standard and Ron should of put his foot down and said no to that appointment.

Watching Hobson trying to defend at the weekend had me wishing Harry Lennon was back in the team and I think Lennon is an absolute liability.

Then to top it off I read yesterday that MM wants to bring a youngster in on loan from Spurs when we are crying out for some experienced players.

I am hoping Saturday was a one off bad performance and things turn around quickly, but I am seriously doubtful. A few more results like that and Ron will have to bite the bullet and let him go, and go cap in hand to Fagan who should of been given the job in the first place!
Fagan definitely not the answer either,hes never ever been a number 1 at senior level at least molsey has had promtions with mens senior teams

So it was MM who insisted on Harrison being 'booted" out

Where exactly did you get this theory from?

Last edited:
Back