• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Was Molesley the wrong choice?

Starting to think Mark was the wrong choice as manager already, I know a lot of you will reply and say Ron is mainly to blame for the predicament we are in, and largely I agree.

However for all his faults and he had plenty we were starting to pick up results at the end of Sol's tenure, and in the space of a month in charge MM has turned the same group of players into a team that get's beaten 4-0 at home by the not so mighty Harrogate Town.

For me MM doesn't know the football league, isn't well connected within the game other than Bournemouth where he was U23's coach, doesn't know what football league standards are and is doomed to failure in my opinion

The alarm bells stated ringing for me the moment he booted Lee Harrison out of the club. I know managers like to bring in their own staff but there is no way the new GK coach is anywhere near Lee's standard and Ron should of put his foot down and said no to that appointment.

Watching Hobson trying to defend at the weekend had me wishing Harry Lennon was back in the team and I think Lennon is an absolute liability.

Then to top it off I read yesterday that MM wants to bring a youngster in on loan from Spurs when we are crying out for some experienced players.

I am hoping Saturday was a one off bad performance and things turn around quickly, but I am seriously doubtful. A few more results like that and Ron will have to bite the bullet and let him go, and go cap in hand to Fagan who should of been given the job in the first place!

Starting to think Mark was the wrong choice as manager already, I know a lot of you will reply and say Ron is mainly to blame for the predicament we are in, and largely I agree.

However for all his faults and he had plenty we were starting to pick up results at the end of Sol's tenure, and in the space of a month in charge MM has turned the same group of players into a team that get's beaten 4-0 at home by the not so mighty Harrogate Town.

For me MM doesn't know the football league, isn't well connected within the game other than Bournemouth where he was U23's coach, doesn't know what football league standards are and is doomed to failure in my opinion

The alarm bells stated ringing for me the moment he booted Lee Harrison out of the club. I know managers like to bring in their own staff but there is no way the new GK coach is anywhere near Lee's standard and Ron should of put his foot down and said no to that appointment.

Watching Hobson trying to defend at the weekend had me wishing Harry Lennon was back in the team and I think Lennon is an absolute liability.

Then to top it off I read yesterday that MM wants to bring a youngster in on loan from Spurs when we are crying out for some experienced players.

I am hoping Saturday was a one off bad performance and things turn around quickly, but I am seriously doubtful. A few more results like that and Ron will have to bite the bullet and let him go, and go cap in hand to Fagan who should of been given the job in the first place!

Personally I would have gone for a Sturrock type figure with contacts and experience, listening to the lockdown interviews (particularly Barry Corr and Michael Phillips with Rylee) show just how important he was that summer.

But it's clear we didn't have the funds and if we aren't going down that route, then Molesely is a very promising appointment. He's certainly not to blame, whatever happens this season.

Put Guardiola, Mourinho, Klopp and Zidane in a joint managerial role and they'd struggle to get a mid-table finish with this squad.

I cannot believe that this thread has already been posted after 1 league game. Someone do us all a favour and shut this down. Not even worth discussing until Ron gives MM a chance to actually sign players.

Sol actually ruined our chances this season by getting many of our youth team registered and putting them in the middle of a dispute with Ron before last season was called to a close.

We're not exactly an attractive prospect for any manager looking for employment. I'm pretty grateful that we have Moleseley, and I can't help but think he was probably given a load of flannel by RM

Personally I would have gone for a Sturrock type figure with contacts and experience, listening to the lockdown interviews (particularly Barry Corr and Michael Phillips with Rylee) show just how important he was that summer.

But it's clear we didn't have the funds and if we aren't going down that route, then Molesely is a very promising appointment. He's certainly not to blame, whatever happens this season.

Put Guardiola, Mourinho, Klopp and Zidane in a joint managerial role and they'd struggle to get a mid-table finish with this squad.

Fagan wouldn't of cost the earth and he has contacts up and down the country, he has also played at every level in this country. There were other managers and ex players a plenty saying it was an absolute no brainer to give him the job especially when you consider he knew the playing staff inside out as well.

I have nothing personal against MM but I am extremely worried that Ron has got this appointment seriously wrong and I don't think we can afford to wait until xmas when we are 15 points adrift with a minus 45 goal difference to take action.

For me MM doesn't know the football league, isn't well connected within the game other than Bournemouth where he was U23's coach, doesn't know what football league standards are
A few more results like that and Ron will have to bite the bullet and let him go, and go cap in hand to Fagan
So MM is bad because he only has U23s experience in league football, therefore we should sack him and replace him with a manager that only has U23s experience in the league.

??? bore off mate.

I understand your frustration and disappointment with Saturday's performance and result . Like yourself I was in the Fagan camp for the next managers role. However, since MM's appointment I am more than happy to give him the time and chance to work with the tools that he has in his tool box. Not all of his decisions may not to be everyone liking but his decisions need to be given time, not 5 minutes.

With regards to Hobson again I have seen enough to believe he will be a good young signing and could form a good partnership with a fit Lennon.

Finally, on your remark on your 'not so mighty Harrogate'. Don't forget that due to them being involved in the play-offs they would have had a longer pre-season. Therefore they would have been way ahead of our fitness levels. As much as I was hoping for a positive result on Saturday it didn't surprise me. What did surprise me and make me angry was the individual mistakes by players. MM is not in my lines of fire....yet ..

UTB.!

Back