• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Washing machine

ian_the_girth

President
Morning all,
Anyone on here a bit of a handy man at repairing washing machines?

Model:
Hoover AC170 Auto-Washer 1100 (year 1994)

Problem:
No water coming into machine when programme selected.

Checked:
Water from taps to pipes
Pipes not blocked
Power to machine
Drain pump not blocked

Suspected fault(s):
Water in valve (the valves that release water into the machine)
Pressure switch - looks like this:
http://www.4hoover.co.uk/cgi-bin/product.pl?PID=1133313&brand=&model=pressure switch&part=

Copy of instruction manual here:
http://service.hoover.co.uk/manuals/pdfs/AC170.pdf

Thank you in advance for any help, El Girtho!

Model:
Hoover AC170 Auto-Washer 1100 (year 1994)
Mate......If you have had seventeen years out of that baby....let it go(lol). Does sound like the water inlet valve. If it were me I would try and look round for a second hand one to see if thats the problem, if not you can pick up a new machine for £180 quid.

Mate......If you have had seventeen years out of that baby....let it go(lol). Does sound like the water inlet valve. If it were me I would try and look round for a second hand one to see if thats the problem, if not you can pick up a new machine for £180 quid.
Second that! A Hoover washing machine that's lasted 17 years is a bloody miracle! I think a call out is a minimum of £30 anyway so may not even be cost effective to repair it.

Back