• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Washing Machine

Davros

The Whippet
Is anyone on here a washing machine fixer person, or does anyone know a good/reasonably priced one?

leaking ever so slightly from somewhere underneath during cycle. Coming out near left hand front leg. Not a large amount at the moment, but would rather get it fixed before it gets worse / ruins my carefuly laid flooring!

At £400 would rather get it fixed than replaced, and is only about 5 months past its warrenty... typical!

checked the filter, is on the other side of the machine. No debris in it.

checked the filter, is on the other side of the machine. No debris in it.

Could it be just a loose feed or rubber worn for the feed. So many things it could be...Split hose, loose jubilee clip.

Extending the warranty sounds good. Someone came and looked at ours a couple of years ago and was very reasonable. If I can find the number, i'll PM you

Washing Machine Services - 01268 551516

Been around 20+ years, good service & reasonable rates. Used him a few times myself & no hesitation recommending him.

Does Stellersons in Benfleet still exist? My parents used them for years and I'm sure they had a repair service.

Washing Machine Services - 01268 551516

Been around 20+ years, good service & reasonable rates. Used him a few times myself & no hesitation recommending him.

do you know what his hourly rate is roughly?

cheers

do you know what his hourly rate is roughly?

cheers

Last time I used him, less than a year ago, he was £20 call out, but the machine was buggered so nothing else to pay.

A previous time, no more than 5 years ago, he charged around £50 to fit a set of brushes. Id have done them myself but didn't know it was them. £50 for callout parts & labour is pretty reasonable imo.

Does Stellersons in Benfleet still exist? My parents used them for years and I'm sure they had a repair service.

Stellisons. Yes, they do, know the owners very well. Basic call out though is about £80 so you have to weigh up whether or not it's viable. They are superb engineers but it is a costly business to repair.

Crumbs, you can get a whole year guarentee extension for not much more than £80. Covers you for the whole year to.

Last time I used him, less than a year ago, he was £20 call out, but the machine was buggered so nothing else to pay.

A previous time, no more than 5 years ago, he charged around £50 to fit a set of brushes. Id have done them myself but didn't know it was them. £50 for callout parts & labour is pretty reasonable imo.

he sounds like the guy, will call him tomorrow. have some green!

Back