• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Watches

BoyWonder2

2024, the year of the Shrimpers šŸ¤ ā­
I'm after a decent watch to wear with suits for weddings, parties etc but don't want to spend a fortune. Not bothered by a particular brand. Ideally a metal strap as well.

Any suggestions or recommendations greatly appreciated.

http://www.tokyoflash.com/en/watches/kisai/rpm_ss/

I have a jet black one, you charge them via usb and the charge lasts 3 months or more.

tokyoflash_kisai_rpm_watch_2.jpg

I have two dollars and a Casio....

*runs watch alluring over fingers*

[video=youtube;3WOTuiBG9zg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WOTuiBG9zg&app=desktop[/video]

Seriously though cheap Casio watches are the way to go.

Wear an expensive watch and you might as well wear a chunky gold bracelet and chain.

Depends what your budget is. Maybe worth considering a brand like TW Steel they do nice watches and look expensive but reasonably priced.

99940687_v_1423928692.jpg

This is my everyday watch when I'm not at work. It's the TW Steel David Coulthard edition. It's big and everyone compliments on it. I love watches and would rather wear a nice watch and spend less on branded clothes.

I went on holiday to Bulgaria in 2006 and it was so cheap I found there was nothing to spend any money on, so when I came back I used some of my holiday money to buy a fairly decent watch for every day use.

Got a Tissot T Touch cos it had a gadgety touch screen and although I have bought numerous others since, they all stay in the draw and I wear the almost bullet proof indestructible Tissot every day.

tissot-t-touch-ii-titanium-mens-watch-t0474204420700.jpg

Mine is a Tag. Picked it up during the final knockings of a Jewellers sale for less than 50% of it's original list price about 5 years ago. I love this watch deeply.

tag watch.jpg

Mine is a Tag. Picked it up during the final knockings of a Jewellers sale for less than 50% of it's original list price about 5 years ago. I love this watch deeply.

View attachment 3481

I used to like Tag's bought mine about 7 years ago, the F1 special but since they lost the contract as official timers of F1 they have tried going up market and just don't look as good.

Here is mine:
Tag-Heuer-Formula-1-Slr-Golf-Replica-Watch-112.jpg

I used to like Tag's bought mine about 7 years ago, the F1 special but since they lost the contract as official timers of F1 they have tried going up market and just don't look as good.

Here is mine:
Tag-Heuer-Formula-1-Slr-Golf-Replica-Watch-112.jpg
Nice watch Ricey. Although I think black hands would look better.

Back