• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

cluniemore

The Wee Birdie
A wee birdie with a heavy heart asked me to answer this negative post. Yes the three teams promoted mabye did full fill your stats southchurch.But they also have another interesting stat they were the three highest budgets in league,one team having a 3.2 million budget, a blethering chimp should be able to promote a team on that budget.So a better standard player can be afforded for example Benson went to Swindon for 3500 week which triggered there run to promotion. Crewe have proved a settled team and a style of play can work 90%of there squad have been together since nine years old. Englands failure in europeans shows the gulf in class because of the lack of development at a young age and the british style. He feels he has explained the other points and getting a winning formula at home is his main concern which if you study results was achieved second half of season.Crewe have been resolute to stick to the game plan over a frustrating time for there fans of a five year plan they have reaped the benefits they have a training complex second to none ploughing huge amounts into youth development and that paid dividends he salutes them Southend have a different road to take for promotion and if this had been a normal year financially in league two would have been promoted, keep the faith.

It's a shame that the wee birdie feels he needs to explain himself to every Tom, Dick***d and Harry who feels the need to criticise.

We were all disappointed and frustrated to miss out on promotion, but the wee birdie is far more qualified than any of us to know how to put right what went wrong. I'm sure that, as soon as we see some good signings come in in the key areas and, hopefully, get a good start under our belts, the situation will look a lot different.

Cluniemore, some of us are keeping the faith in the wee birdie - please tell the wee birdie to keep the faith in us!

Oh Cluniemore, why do you persist? The three teams promoted had the biggest budgets but they were a long way off our top position mid season and the reason we did not go up was because of a swathe of poor results against clubs with smaller budgets than us. Promotion was ours to throw away last season and that is what we did. Also, just look at the huge pile of players brought in and barely used. Even if they were on a meagre wage that money could have been spent on one or two players that could actually be of benefit to the first team and not the stiffs. Lets face it, the team did quite well, albeit playing dreadful football much of the time, but tactical mistakes were made. Own up, apologise and let's move on. As for England at the Euro's, you say the gulf between them and other countries was there to see. I saw a team, not playing to their best, not playing with tactics that suited them, a team that gave effort but lacked belief. Sound familiar? Is Roy PS in disguise. Its you PS that should learn from the Euro's and get players to play the way they best can and not the way you think is best.

It's a shame that the wee birdie feels he needs to explain himself to every Tom, Dick***d and Harry who feels the need to criticise.

We were all disappointed and frustrated to miss out on promotion, but the wee birdie is far more qualified than any of us to know how to put right what went wrong. I'm sure that, as soon as we see some good signings come in in the key areas and, hopefully, get a good start under our belts, the situation will look a lot different.

Cluniemore, some of us are keeping the faith in the wee birdie - please tell the wee birdie to keep the faith in us!

Don't bring me into this. :smile:

What's the point of a messageboard if people can't air their views however ridiculous they may be?

Oh Cluniemore, why do you persist? The three teams promoted had the biggest budgets but they were a long way off our top position mid season and the reason we did not go up was because of a swathe of poor results against clubs with smaller budgets than us. Promotion was ours to throw away last season and that is what we did. Also, just look at the huge pile of players brought in and barely used. Even if they were on a meagre wage that money could have been spent on one or two players that could actually be of benefit to the first team and not the stiffs. Lets face it, the team did quite well, albeit playing dreadful football much of the time, but tactical mistakes were made. Own up, apologise and let's move on. As for England at the Euro's, you say the gulf between them and other countries was there to see. I saw a team, not playing to their best, not playing with tactics that suited them, a team that gave effort but lacked belief. Sound familiar? Is Roy PS in disguise. Its you PS that should learn from the Euro's and get players to play the way they best can and not the way you think is best.

This^^^^^^^^^ :smile:

This (I don't know why people start their contributions in such a manner .... but when in Rome ...)

I started to write about the ups and downs of the season ........ the wrongs and rights of tactics .... the selection issues ... but I deleted it all.

We all like to find someone to blame when things don't go quite as planned - it now seems to be part of the culture of this country - and at the risk of being accused of being a sanctimonious git I shall merely say I'll follow the club no matter what league they are in and put the disapointment of last season behind me - and I can't wait for the friendlies already ...............

.... so come on all you moaners, let's be having you .......:punch:

Where we were mid-season is completely irrelevant. Even at the time of our winning streak, people were acknowledging that we were perhaps over-achieving. Most teams in this league fluctuate in form massively - our good run came at the beginning of the season and suddenly everyone "expects" promotion. The wider picture, the background of our last 5 years though, shows we should absolutely not have been expecting anything. We accumulated a lot of points and missed out on automatic promotion on the last day of the season.

To say PS should "own up and apologise" is insulting to what he has achieved in two seasons at the club. Post-season interviews and his bullish attitude to this pre-season show how much missing out on promotion hurt him last year - and how much he wants to put it right. We should support him.

Where we were mid-season is completely irrelevant. Even at the time of our winning streak, people were acknowledging that we were perhaps over-achieving. Most teams in this league fluctuate in form massively - our good run came at the beginning of the season and suddenly everyone "expects" promotion. The wider picture, the background of our last 5 years though, shows we should absolutely not have been expecting anything. We accumulated a lot of points and missed out on automatic promotion on the last day of the season.

To say PS should "own up and apologise" is insulting to what he has achieved in two seasons at the club. Post-season interviews and his bullish attitude to this pre-season show how much missing out on promotion hurt him last year - and how much he wants to put it right. We should support him.

Spot on. This.^^^

Nonsense...

As other posters have mentioned where we were mid season matters not. To say
the promoted clubs were a long way off us is garbage; Crawley were there,
Shrewsbury hovering and Swindon had begun their ascent of the table. Budgets
count across the whole season as evidenced by our own inability to replace JPK
and Dicko with players of similar quality while Swindon brought in players like
Benson.

When you say the huge pile of players brought in and barely used I can only
think of 3 (Martin, Flood and Baldwin who went out on loan). Hardly a huge
pile. Who are you to say their wages could have been spent on better? Do you
know who was available at the time, who else was interested and what their wage
demands were? I await your response.

At the Euros I saw an England team short on relative technical ability as
individuals that achieved results beyond their capabilities using an effective
system. Does that sound familiar? Yes it does.

Cluniemore - if you are watching and listening can you allay my fears about the
club's financial situation please? Early release of season tickets gives me the
jitters.

Keeping the faith. UTBs

This. :thumbsup:

That. :look:

Oh sweet little clungenomore tell your wee pa to just enjoy working for the 91st best club in the land and get us out of L2,have a nice day.

As for England at the Euro's, you say the gulf between them and other countries was there to see. I saw a team, not playing to their best, not playing with tactics that suited them, a team that gave effort but lacked belief. Sound familiar? Is Roy PS in disguise. Its you PS that should learn from the Euro's and get players to play the way they best can and not the way you think is best.

I disagree. I think Capello was guilty of that but Hodgson got the best out of a limited, mediocre (by England's standards) squad.

I remember PS on BBC Grandstand doing a great interview whilst between jobs, and talking about his illness and the reluctance of clubs to take a chance on him, then Steve Tilson and Paul Brush fall foul of the leader and PS comes into Roots Hall and a fine job he has done in two years imho, though the style of football is another topic all to gether and I think one 90 % would prefer to see more entertaining, though you can only work with the tools you have and can afford.

However I do find this strange if it is PS requesting this information to come on the board, rather than through official channels, and I think into todays world only the young and blinkered believe what is paraded on the board.

Let the manager manage the team and not get involved in these sometimes stupid topics, like Chemical Ali PR can be a wonderful thing to crank up when things are looking bleak.

I think the odd meet the manager is a good idea,if the questions are honestly answered and lets be honest behind the scenes of any business very few things are disclosed to the minors outside, so why should a football club be any different to the paying supporter.

Personally grateful we still have a club to watch this season

UTS

Cluniemore, can you pass on to the wee birdie, that i to, have faith and trust in him, and that he has my surport, for what he is doing.

I think he has done a fantastic job, what with the HMRC wanted to wind us up, and all.
Keep up the good work.

I also think the wee birdie should bear in mind, especially when reading the posts on here, that empty vessels make the most noise.

It's why I'm often called a tanker. Or at least it sounds like tanker.

Back