• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

WATCHING GAMES NEXT SEASON?

yogi bear up the cagire

Life President⭐
I did mention this a while ago when escape seemed at least a possibility. Now we are all but mathematically down I feel it's an idea to discuss it further. As I've understood it, loss of League status means loss of ifollow (which is very sad, even allowing for its failings). Does anyone, possibly with connections to an NL side, know what is likely to be available in the National League , who arranges it and at what cost. I know this will interest those in the UK but I'm concerned about what will be available to ex-pats like myself.

I have no idea but I'd imagine we could do something similar to what Boreham Wood did

I did mention this a while ago when escape seemed at least a possibility. Now we are all but mathematically down I feel it's an idea to discuss it further. As I've understood it, loss of League status means loss of ifollow (which is very sad, even allowing for its failings). Does anyone, possibly with connections to an NL side, know what is likely to be available in the National League , who arranges it and at what cost. I know this will interest those in the UK but I'm concerned about what will be available to ex-pats like myself.

There might be a weekly section in the Yellow Advertiser

Yep Julian I think Borehamwood season card holders get some sort of similar coverage - at least for home games . But that, of course, presupposes that you buy a season ticket H

Would have thought the drop in income of this and other streams will become a serious problem.How much is the running cost of Roots Hall.Could we be in for part closure or even worse especially if the development of RH and FF starts soon.The road widening and access road at Bournemouth Pk suggests things are moving

Chelmsford City seem to have a streaming service as do other clubs in National League South but according to their fans forum the quality is a bit hit and miss.

Ipswich organised a perfect streamed transmission (with commentary) of their U18's match v us - free to watch - on FB

I just associate IFollow with misery, awful football, buffering, defeats, Glen Speller making out he cares but every now and again letting his cover slip, home defeats, no goals and no-one to remonstrate at, and bad adverts.

Good riddance I say, although obviously if you live overseas, you will no doubt think differently.

I would imagine that BBC Essex would carry on doing the commentary, but I had thought this myself having been reliant on ifollow for the last 2 or 3 seasons.

I would hope the club would do some sort of streaming as for a National League club we would have a fair number of overseas/exiled fans.

Barnet have one but it is pretty hit and miss. Fingers crossed we're allowed back in stadiums in August but it'll be weird not watching away games from my front room. I've kinda got used to it.

Maybe one to put to Shrimpers Trust for thoughts to raise with the club? If Ron's no longer Chairman, he'll have the time to stand on the scaffolding with a camcorder in his hand!

I've yet to decide whether my body parts are better for watching home games on iFollow than sitting in the West on a cold wet day x how ever many cold wet days there were this season. Mentally I've missed my West Stand seat a lot. On the quality of iFollow, since that bout of complaints we all made the service for me has been steady and available without buffering and good quality. Next season I'll deal with away games when and where they happen.

Posted this on the Southend United Football Club site earlier.

"Just over a week ago, with a great deal of sadness, I viewed my last game on ifollow. For someone who has supported the Blues for 65 years (30 of them from France) it is a huge blow. We had come a long way from me having to take a transistor radio up a mountain in an effort to get better reception of BBC's Sports report! With our descent into the National League I hope we don't risk going back to the 'dark ages?' You can't underestimate the importance ifollow was, in providing a powerful connection to the team for us ex-pats. Can someone at the club let us know what is planned in terms of streaming or commentary for next season. I understand there may well be complications for away games but very much hope that a service can, at least, be provided for all our home matches."

Posted this on the Southend United Football Club site earlier.

"Just over a week ago, with a great deal of sadness, I viewed my last game on ifollow. For someone who has supported the Blues for 65 years (30 of them from France) it is a huge blow. We had come a long way from me having to take a transistor radio up a mountain in an effort to get better reception of BBC's Sports report! With our descent into the National League I hope we don't risk going back to the 'dark ages?' You can't underestimate the importance ifollow was, in providing a powerful connection to the team for us ex-pats. Can someone at the club let us know what is planned in terms of streaming or commentary for next season. I understand there may well be complications for away games but very much hope that a service can, at least, be provided for all our home matches."

Good luck with getting a reply from the club Yogi...

I would have to double check, but even Boreham Wood's service is allowed only because of Covid.
Their web site mentions behind closed doors in the same breath as selling you a 'match pass'.

I'm pretty sure the NL deal with BT prohibits any of its clubs from live streaming games in a normal situation, ie with fans in attendance.

However, free BBC commentary on non-league is available throughout the UK.

Last edited:
Back