• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

WATCHING GAMES NEXT SEASON?

I would have to double check, but even Boreham Wood's service is allowed only because of Covid.
Their web site mentions behind closed doors, in the same breath as selling you a 'match pass'.

I'm pretty sure the NL deal with BT prohibits any of its cubs from live streaming games in a normal situation, ie with fans in attendance.

However, free BBC commentary on non-league is available throughout the UK.
Non league... Still hurts doesn't it ☹️

I would have to double check, but even Boreham Wood's service is allowed only because of Covid.
Their web site mentions behind closed doors, in the same breath as selling you a 'match pass'.

I'm pretty sure the NL deal with BT prohibits any of its cubs from live streaming games in a normal situation, ie with fans in attendance.

However, free BBC commentary on non-league is available throughout the UK.
Do I thank you for that? :Winking: So, if we're not going back thirty years, we are going back at least five or six (how long has ifollow been available?) .:Cry: That's a real double whammy for us living abroad.

Untill last week I was pretty excited about the footy, even us in the NL, things looked on the up and going in the right direction, but the news surrounding Stan, has taken alot if the little hope I had left for the next season.
I think it will be the same old business as usual.
Not alot of hope from me I'm afraid.
But I really hope that I am proved wrong, I really do.

We have an opportunity to watch Vananarama matches over the next 3 weeks, to see the standard of that league, on BT sports live.

Yet still better than every single soap.

I used to get so excited waiting for the page to refresh!

I remember when the scores were on 3 or 4 pages and you had to wait until the page with Southend United came around again. Those several seconds hoping there would be a goal were so exciting for a young me.

There was something magical about ceefax that the kids today just wouldn't appreciate.

I was at university and watched us stay up in the Championship against Luton on Teletext. My mate next door was with me who was a Brentford fan and they went down that day. We watched together in full kit. Different times.

I remember when the scores were on 3 or 4 pages and you had to wait until the page with Southend United came around again. Those several seconds hoping there would be a goal were so exciting for a young me.
Imagine the disappointment if we had to use Ceefax for the last couple of seasons

I was at university and watched us stay up in the Championship against Luton on Teletext. My mate next door was with me who was a Brentford fan and they went down that day. We watched together in full kit. Different times.

No girlfriends then, eh.....? ?

Untill last week I was pretty excited about the footy, even us in the NL, things looked on the up and going in the right direction, but the news surrounding Stan, has taken alot if the little hope I had left for the next season.
I think it will be the same old business as usual.
Not alot of hope from me I'm afraid.
But I really hope that I am proved wrong, I really do.

Exactly how I felt as well tbh

Back