• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Watching Games on iFollow?

Does anyone know if or not those of us ex-pats will get a refund on the remaining games or is it a give away. Does all the IFollow cash goes to the club?

I guess there will be some news very soon re club's plans to allow UK based fans to watch matches on ifollow.
What are we thinking... £10 per match until such time that fans are allowed back in stadiums and then it will revert back to how things were (only overseas fans can watch all games via ifollow.... and UK fans can only watch non Saturday 3pm kick offs)?

I watch all the footy on iptv. They have all the leagues and all 3pm Saturday kos too.

Happy days.

That's all you need...Sky, BT, IFollow the lot....60 quid a year, decent picture as well!

What's the best provider for iptv? Thinking of doing this and cancelling sky, which is £60 a month for virtually nothing.
Don’t quote me on this as my son done all ours but all you really need I believe is a fire stick from amazon for about 30 quid and someone that can install it for you.....,anyone under 30, try OBL?

Don’t quote me on this as my son done all ours but all you really need I believe is a fire stick from amazon for about 30 quid and someone that can install it for you.....,anyone under 30, try OBL?

...plenty of vids about it on you tube?

At the risk of boring the arse off of you all can I draw your attention to this thread please.

I may be well out of date but I thought ifollow was a service to provide people like me, who live outside the UK, access to the match day experience. It was also available in the UK for away games for a match by match fee. My understanding is that most (all?) contributions go to the club. In the present situation I would have thought that the service could become more universal, particularly at the start of the season, in that way, although it can't compensate for empty stadiums, it could provide some much needed income for the club

As a thought experiment how much could the club make, off advertising, if they just streamed it for free on one of the many platforms out there? I mean, talking about this even 10 years ago or so would be pretty pie-in-the-sky, but today a 12 year old can make millions playing computer games to a few thousand people.

Imagine, also, if we were to be in a big promotion (or relegation) deciding match. It would attract even more people to put their eyes on us and collect more ad money.

I may be well out of date but I thought ifollow was a service to provide people like me, who live outside the UK, access to the match day experience. It was also available in the UK for away games for a match by match fee. My understanding is that most (all?) contributions go to the club. In the present situation I would have thought that the service could become more universal, particularly at the start of the season, in that way, although it can't compensate for empty stadiums, it could provide some much needed income for the club
Apparently 70% goes to the club, but its only available for non Saturday 3pm kick offs in the UK, for home or away fans. Up until last season even midweek games weren't available in the UK.

I agree that until fans are allowed back it should be universal for everyone as its the only way to see lower league football, so the Sat 3pm ban will hopefully be lifted if it hasn't already.

What is going to happen once fans are back, who knows.

As a thought experiment how much could the club make, off advertising, if they just streamed it for free on one of the many platforms out there? I mean, talking about this even 10 years ago or so would be pretty pie-in-the-sky, but today a 12 year old can make millions playing computer games to a few thousand people.

Imagine, also, if we were to be in a big promotion (or relegation) deciding match. It would attract even more people to put their eyes on us and collect more ad money.

Not as much as a £10 fee for a ifollow game i wouldn't think. Say 3000 people tune in per week to watch on iFollow thats £30,000 in clubs coffers. I cant see any companies wanting to spend enough on advertising a 3pm KO with Southend involved to make that amount of money, not when there are multiple EFL teams who could offer the same.
Not just that, i dont see how it would work with the other teams we are playing, how could they charge via iFollow when we are streaming it for free.

I canceled my subscription, 20% hike is unacceptable. I will pay per match I watch, as I usually don't watch midweek games 15 or so.

What's the best provider for iptv? Thinking of doing this and cancelling sky, which is £60 a month for virtually nothing.

I have been using an Iptv service for sometime now. Has all games at all ko times and all blues games as well as movies and TV series. All sky TV etc.

It's about £50 for the year. I've set loads of people on here up on this service.

Anyone wants the details PM me.

Here we go, havent had time to take it all in yet but it sounds promising. Will it dovetail with ifollow? Season ticket holders will watch for free.

Back