• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Watching ifollow on TV

With all this excitement about our hoped-for upsurge, I wonder if there are any techies out there who can spare the time to read this and help.

I bought one of those Apple Lightning AV adaptor things to ‘mirror’ my ipad to my Samsung Smart TV. I was able to watch the home matches on the TV via ifollow OK (with the season ticket code), but I couldn’t watch the away Crawley match on TV (for the tenner) in that way. I was able to get all the ifollow home page on the TV successfully, but when I clicked on the watch icon nothing happened.

As an experiment, I tried to do the same thing with SkyGo but, again, no luck. I since understand that the Sky app has a block on watching TV via an HDMI cable. Do you think that’s what prevented me from watching the Crawley game on TV because there’s a link between Sky and ifollow?

Oddly, I was able to watch the second half of the Carlisle game on the TV.

All comments/suggestions gratefully received. It will be interesting to see whether the upcoming home games are blocked.

I’ve been watching IFollow using Amazon Silk on the Firestick. Worked perfectly for the Carlisle and Morecambe game, but couldn’t get it to load for Crawley. About 5 mins into the game it suddenly work ??‍♂️ The sound dropped in and out at times. God knows what’s going to happen on Saturday ?

I’ve been watching IFollow using Amazon Silk on the Firestick. Worked perfectly for the Carlisle and Morecambe game, but couldn’t get it to load for Crawley. About 5 mins into the game it suddenly work ??‍♂️ The sound dropped in and out at times. God knows what’s going to happen on Saturday ?

I had exactly the same experiences.

Apart from the disaster of Saturday, on a Mac all the games for me have worked by playing the game on the Southend website and connecting to my TV via HDMI.

I'm sure it would have worked again on Saturday had the stream worked at all.

another method for those struggling, it wasn't the best quality but worked for us for the carlisle game and also for the morecambe.

If you are watching on google chrome on the laptop and have a smart TV, on the chrome browser there will be a vertical three dots to click in the top right somewhere. Click that and you will have an option to cast to tele.

Seemed to lose some quality over the casting but very straightforward option to get to the TV.

I find i have to get the stream running on my laptop first then plug it in to my LG tv via HDMI if i try to get it running through either the browser on my TV or by plugging into the HDMI first and then accessing on my laptop it just goes round and round...As an aside both my TV and laptop are relatively new but it does seem there is slight lag between the laptop & TV i read if you put TV in game mode should help but didn't make any difference. That aside once i got it up and running its great and even better after Saturdays much improved performance

Works ok on my tablet through the clubs efl website however for some unknown reason very hit and miss through my laptop, anyone got any views

Me too, subscribed for Crawley game to watch on iMac - nothing happened at all for the first 5-10 minutes then it all worked fine, phew. Morecambe game absolutely fine too from half hour before KO. Not good if the service is glitchy - get stitched up once after paying a tenner and viewers won’t return.

Think Ifollow had general problems on Saturday. I only have an Audio Pass as I now live outside the range of Essex Radio. I couldn't get anything until 25 minutes in. So far no problem watching the Home Games via the website.

Raised issues with ifollow site at half time on Saturday had a reply 17.20 on Sunday to say that they had a lot of email queries and promised to get back to me still waiting!!!!

we have not managed to watch any game on ifollow via tv using apple lightening and ipad or iphone. it just buffers for live games. can get the highlights ok !!! wasted £10.00 on morecombe match and didn't see it on tv. asked apple if it was blocked and they said can you get other apps to play live. i tried sky news and bbc news live and that worked. contacted ifollow on friday and still waiting for a reply.

I’ve not had any major problems this season- have watched all six games. Had a little bit of buffering at the start of Saturday‘s game and the sound has gone a bit tinny for a spell in most games.
Last season it was not good at all but I discovered that was because the monitor I attached to my lap top was interfering with the WiFi signal.

So I now run the signal through my electricity ring main using a TP link adaptor from my router and an Ethernet connection to my laptop.

This works a treat . It seems to me that Ifollow is not very tolerant of a weak WiFi signal. The time lapse on streaming still bugs me though.

Thanks for a comments all. I’ve never had any problem with ifollow viewed on the ipad - it’s just not getting it to work on the TV for the recent away games. Ah well, will just have to wait to see what happens next match.

I watched on IPad, Android phone and 27in IMac and PC. What I have found is Edge on Win10 does not work too well, Firefox is fine. Safari is fine,

I watched the Carlisle game on the I follow App through my Mobile but for some reason despite being connected to my Wi-Fi it still used up most of my Data. Anyone know why?

I watched the Carlisle game on the I follow App through my Mobile but for some reason despite being connected to my Wi-Fi it still used up most of my Data. Anyone know why?
Most modern phones switch to data automatically if the WiFi isn't working well, there should be a way to disable this in your phone's settings but if you can't find it then you can just turn off data whilst streaming to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Back