• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

palexander

Life President
Couldnt make it today, so having to do with Skys coverage.

As usual, they are talking up Eastwood, but on the whole seem fairly knowledgable about us for once (Claridge in the 'studio').

Mick McCarthy and Peter Taylor watching from the stands.

Think we have done ok so far. Hunt looks a good option in midfield and Paynter (IMO) is doing well.

We are far too narrow though and Gower/JCR getting no time on the ball.

When Francis gave the foul away I was screaming for him to 'stay alive' as he turned his back on the free-kick and it was obvious they would look to take it quick and thats what happened.

Ricketts hat-trick second half
glare.gif

Is there? Dismal performance as usual in front of the cameras. Eastwood resorting to long shots, too many misplaced passes.

I think apart from the odd lapses in concentration, francis had a good game today, paynter was much better than usual, ricketts came on and looked alright, and clarke and barrett impressed for the majority of the game.....for me at least these are positives.

Yup, think the only positive was getting Ricketts 25 mins and he looked ok - good movement, smart passing and I think he and Eastwood will be a good pairing in a few weeks.

Paynter faded and gave away far too many free-kicks, even with a sh!t ref and I thought Clarke was poor - got turned too often...

Ah well, like they said on the TV, we have got to expect this from time to time in a higher league and we need to show better v Derby.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hazey SUFC @ Sep. 24 2006,15:04)]I think apart from the odd lapses in concentration, francis had a good game today
I thought he could have done better for there third, he was slow getting out , looked across when chopra beat the offside trap and let his man get in front of him, cant do that at this level! Some positives, barrett was solid enough, capt kev had another good game, I think we got tought a lesson today by cardiff in how not to give the ball away and keep possession, something we have been guilty of this season! keep the faith!

Crap

2nd half very poor

Cardiff will not go up, they are not all that by any stretch of the imagination!

Francis, absolute shocker!!

No, don't know why the commentators and Claridge are making out that Cardiff are quality, I thought they were ordinary and we were poor.

I thought Cardiff were a decent side, but nothing special. We made them look much better than they really are. I'd be surprised if they are still in the top 6 come the end of the season.

Our defending was poor, certainly league 1 standard if not league 2. We didn't get tight and conceded way too much space to them especially down the flanks and also in midfield, where we never really competed. We were napping for the first goal and Francis was asleep for the third as he allowed his man to outpace him and get goal side. The second goal was just all round poor defending from what I can remember of it. For me we concede too many goals just before and just after half time.

Eastwood tried as usual but it was in vain, if only he had some support up there. Hooper looked bright and hungry, unlike some players. I thought JCR had a poor game. The team is crying out for a creative central midfield player who scores goals, but then they don't come cheap.

The one area where Cardiff were clearly better than us was their movement. We really need to improve on our movement if we hope to stay up, especially in the final third of the field.

Ricketts getting a run out was bonus, but apart form that there was little to get excited about. We were beaten by the better side, but it was the fact they we were beaten without a whimper that worries me. Let's hope for vastly improved performance next time.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Winkle @ Sep. 24 2006,16:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hazey SUFC @ Sep. 24 2006,15:04)]I think apart from the odd lapses in concentration, francis had a good game today
I thought he could have done better for there third...
How could he have done better? He was our only player to actually score.

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Sep. 24 2006,17:07)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Winkle @ Sep. 24 2006,16:27)]
[b said:
I thought he could have done better for there third...
How could he have done better? He was our only player to actually score.

tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Back