• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wayne Gray,

wiggy

Darryl's Love Child
Went to the match last night and was amazed that Gray came out for the second half. Did not adapt to the conditions and wasn"t involved at all. Back to his early season form so surely Dudders must start this week. What has Tilly got against this boy, scores plenty of goals but only ever gets a bit part role. Splinter time for Gray surely!

Gray is the unsung hero in recent weeks, he could obviously score more goals, but especially after the Kiddie game I noticed how much running and effort he puts in by chasing and making runs whilst Eastwood lazy's about and scores goals. I don't think Dudders would give us what Gray does.

I can second that.

Maybe time on the bench will give him the kick up the arse he needs. Though I wouldn't be too concerned, as every good player takes a dip in form at least once in the season. Maybe this is Gray's time. No doubt he will be back to his fighting best sooner rather than later.

Personally, for Saturday's game I'd revert to what Tilly did for the Rushden game and bring Le God and Dudfield back in up front. Weren't they the partnership when we played up at Notts County?

how do you reckon Bramble and Eastwood would fair as a partnership? I think that's the only one that hasn't been tested.

I'd like to see it given a go. Then again I am biased.
tounge.gif

Nobody other than Gray has actually really played alongside Freddy though have they? Freddy himself said it in his last interview.

We missed God last night. To be honest, Gray is effective away from home as we can use his pace on the counter but he's not as good at home as teams prefer to sit deeper and thus can't get in behind them ...

Kev

I think the partnership should have been given a go last night, definately after half time, as it wasn't a playing surface suited for a running player like Gray as we saw... but more suited for Bramble who likes to turn defenders over and play others through.... but then again i am biased too
tounge.gif

For God's sake wiggy its ONE GAME on a very difficult pitch not suited to someone of Gray's style and pace - he has been fantastic since coming back into the side and has helped Freddy enormously...after one bad game (and he wasn't the only one) you want him dropped?? Words fail me.....
mad.gif

Noooo, I said that the pitch did not suit Gray's running stlye of play, so Bramble MAY have been a better choice for last night... sigh...

Yeah I realise that lucus, I edited my post to aim it towards wiggy (I should have quoted his post) - I don't necessarily disagree with your opinion.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Proud Shrimper @ Jan. 13 2005,16:13)]Yeah I realise that lucus, I edited my post to aim it towards wiggy (I should have quoted his post) - I don't necessarily disagree with your opinion.
ah that's fine, makes sense now. No worries, just misunderstood.

Luke

I think Eastwood and Dudfield has the potential to be a very good partnership. To me, their natural games seem ideally suited to playing with eachother, with Dudfield always in the middle and looking to get on the end of things and Eastwood dropping short and playing from there. Eastwood & Gray have proven themselves to be a successful partnership but the only problem with them together is that neither of them do their best work actually in the box so we often have no one to actually get the ball into. When we play at Roots Hall I just think that Dudfield is too good to leave out.

We have much better strikers than Bramble end of, Dudders, Gray, Eastwood all have proved they can cut it. Dudders should be given more of a go but Gray has pulled his weight this season.

I think we are using Gray as the scapegoat for a poor defeat. Granteed I wasn't at the game and only caught the first half on the radio but it sounded like a lot of people either failed to turn up or failed to adjust to the conditions (Quick question, which boots to you use on a beach?).

Recently on here the biggest debates have been about trivial things like the programme, the spelling of Eastwood's first name and is it duh or do in the Eastwood song. Now, because we have lost, people are quickly abusing players, namely Gray. How fickle can one bunch of fans be, and I include myself in this.

In pre-season, I think the majority of us guessed Gray would be the next Benjamin, Angell or Collymore firing us to promotion with his 25 goals (Okay, just me then). Then at the start of the season things were going against us, mainly results and people found Gray to be the scapegoat because of what appeared to be a bad attitude and the failure to apply himself to the task. Rightly so, Tilly dropped him to the bench for a spell, and I would assume he knuckled down in training etc. He then got his chance again because of a mini injury crisis in the striking department and since then he has worked his socks of and is begining to fulfill the potential that we realised he had in pre-season. But now because of one game he is "useless" and "should be dropped".

Now, this is either because he has reached a comfort zone, which I feel isn't the case because he knows that he will be dropped if he doesn't work his socks off, or its because we are all frustated with the result and need someone to blame. My predicition is that its the latter.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Jan. 13 2005,16:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (footymad13 @ Jan. 13 2005,17:04)]We have much better strikers than Bramble end of
I will not rise to the bait. Ā 
suspect.gif
Ā 
tounge.gif
Thats because you know im right.

biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

Just a question here, i'm sure someone will know the answer. How many goals has Wayne 'Striking Sensation'
wink.gif
Gray got at the Hall, in the league, this season?!

Kev

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Jan. 13 2005,18:21)]Just a question here, i'm sure someone will know the answer. How many goals has Wayne 'Striking Sensation'
wink.gif
Gray got at the Hall, in the league, this season?!
2 in the League (Boston, Northampton), 1 in the LDV (Shrewsbury) - out of 7 in total.

cool.gif

Back