• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ways of drumming up money for the club against Gateshead

The talk of some fans wishing to boycott got me thinking about a few things. I respect people may want to boycott but for me if your going to boycott you still have to buy a ticket but not show up, that's the only it'll work in my eyes. But that's not what this post is about.

I was thinking of ways we could potentially bring in more money for the club against Gateshead with that being just days away from us being back in court. Perhaps it could be a good idea 'to bring a friend' whether that be a partner, a kid, a mate it doesn't matter. I appreciate it may not bring in a dramatic amount of money but at least it shows we as supporters not only support the management team and the players but shows we're actively trying to think of ways to bring in more cash.

Yes, I don't want to put more money in RM's dirty little pocket either but we're way past that now and say we added an extra 1,000 onto the gate, that could bring in another £19,000 in, it'll pay a few staff at least.

If we got this going with all supporter groups promoting on twitter, facebook, the echo etc I really do think it would be a positive way of trying to do something. People are all too quick to say no point in protesting or boycotting etc so lets think of a cause that in my opinion can achieve quite a bit, if not just showing our extra support to the players. So there you have it, bring a mate day, thoughts??????

The talk of some fans wishing to boycott got me thinking about a few things. I respect people may want to boycott but for me if your going to boycott you still have to buy a ticket but not show up, that's the only it'll work in my eyes. But that's not what this post is about.

I was thinking of ways we could potentially bring in more money for the club against Gateshead with that being just days away from us being back in court. Perhaps it could be a good idea 'to bring a friend' whether that be a partner, a kid, a mate it doesn't matter. I appreciate it may not bring in a dramatic amount of money but at least it shows we as supporters not only support the management team and the players but shows we're actively trying to think of ways to bring in more cash.

Yes, I don't want to put more money in RM's dirty little pocket either but we're way past that now and say we added an extra 1,000 onto the gate, that could bring in another £19,000 in, it'll pay a few staff at least.

If we got this going with all supporter groups promoting on twitter, facebook, the echo etc I really do think it would be a positive way of trying to do something. People are all too quick to say no point in protesting or boycotting etc so lets think of a cause that in my opinion can achieve quite a bit, if not just showing our extra support to the players. So there you have it, bring a mate day, thoughts??????

Make sure it’s your own otherwise….

A good idea though. Much better to encourage people to bring additional people to a game, than to boycott it altogether.

Kids for a quid? School groups with teachers free? Little sausages might get hooked and buy merch/food?

Good idea. Positive and helps the team too. Still a couple of weeks away too.

The Fans United days that Brighton and other clubs used to hold were a massive success.

The Fans United days that Brighton and other clubs used to hold were a massive success.
I thought it was at least worth a try but it'll need all of the supporters groups advertising it. @Cricko anything you might be able to put in the group chat that you guys have going on?

I'll have around a dozen SUEPA members of the Smithy era with me before our big event that eve (when 30 turn up and all mention of Lord Voldemort is banned as we attempt to thoroughly indulge ourselves in some enjoyable memories). So, come and wave at Nelse, Spanner, Parkers x 2, Freeman Inchy & co if I can stop them talking and get them on the pitch

That was pretty nasty what happened to them during the 90s, those owners were pretty ruthless and really did sell them down the river. I seem to remember they also were promised a new stadium, unfortunately for them they ended up playing at gillingham in the late 90s. Crazy stuff.

Back