• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We aint down yet?!

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Why are 99% of us talking like we are ****ing relegated already?

We are 3 points off safety for crying out loud.

Our run in is far more appealing than the likes of Orient, Oldham and Gills have. See for yourself if you don't believe me...

Ok, our form this year has been awful and we are looking certanties for the drop at present. But, we win our next two home games and I tell you what, we will be in the driving seat, regardless of what happens at Leeds.

Watch at least three of the four above us, drop like a rock over the next couple of weeks...

This season has been up there with the worst in our history. But it aint over until we have that "R" next to us in the league standings.

I am as depressed as anyone at the crap performances and disgraceful off the field shenanigans. But we cannot let that get in the way of what being a Southend fan is all about. That is taking the rough with the smooth (More rough of course!) and backing our lads 100% in the hope that they will do the business over the next 6 games.

So cheer up you miserable *******s. Get yourself out the doldrums and believe that we will survive. If we was 10 points adrift I could understand. WE ARE ONLY 3 POINTS ADRIFT. We have been awful for ages and we are still in with a chance of survival. Tells you a lot about the crap above us.

Beat Brighton and beat Brentford and it's Orient, Oldham, Tranny and Gills who will be worried.

Let's have it in the stands for the remaining games. I'll be bolloxed if I'm going to sit back and watch our team slide into League Two oblivion. Accrington, Burton, Morecambe no thanks very much.

Last edited:
What are the odds on us avoiding relgation now? I just need to lay a little bet....

:whistling:

Quite right Smiffy - if we can get something from our next 2 home games we are by no means dead and buried.

Moussa back for Tuesday, good day in Court Wednesday and give Spartan's Brighton lot what-for next Saturday. Simples.:)

Leeds won on Monday so will have their tales up and looking to get back into second, I would be over the moon if we came away with a point.

If we had a midfield I might be a bit more optimistic.

I don't want to go down I just think we will!

But, we win our next two home games and I tell you what, we will be in the driving seat, regardless of what happens at Leeds.

But can you actually, realistically, hand on the heart, see this happening?! I will support the boys until the very end by I just don't think they have the passion/talent/motivation to do it!

It's very easy to say we have winnable games but Yeovil and Gills were winnable games! How many weeks have we been looking at the fixtures list saying "If we do this, if we do that we can avoid the drop"? At some point we have to start actually winning because if we don't all the prayers and belief in the world won't do anything!

That said I hope that end the end of the season we will be breathing a sigh of relief having beaten the drop! I still think it's possible but with every game that goes past that we don't win the chance becomes less and less likely!

We are 3 points off safety for crying out loud.

Our run in is far more appealing than the likes of Orient, Oldham and Gills have. See for yourself if you don't believe me...

Ok, our form this year has been awful and we are looking certanties for the drop at present. But, we win our next two home games and I tell you what, we will be in the driving seat, regardless of what happens at Leeds.

Watch at least three of the four above us, drop like a rock over the next couple of weeks...

This season has been up there with the worst in our history. But it aint over until we have that "R" next to us in the league standings.

I am as depressed as anyone at the crap performances and disgraceful off the field shenanigans. But we cannot let that get in the way of what being a Southend fan is all about. That is taking the rough with the smooth (More rough of course!) and backing our lads 100% in the hope that they will do the business over the next 6 games.

So cheer up you miserable *******s. Get yourself out the doldrums and believe that we will survive. If we was 10 points adrift I could understand. WE ARE ONLY 3 POINTS ADRIFT. We have been awful for ages and we are still in with a chance of survival. Tells you a lot about the crap above us.

Beat Brighton and beat Brentford and it's Orient, Oldham, Tranny and Gills who will be worried.

Let's have it in the stands for the remaining games. I'll be bolloxed if I'm going to sit back and watch our team slide into League Two oblivion. Accrington, Burton, Morecambe no thanks very much.

Would help if we had a team and a winable match Saturday!

I like the spirit but having seen us without creating a serious chance over Easter, with no Macca, Spencer, Scannell or Moussa (All be it for one game) and with Leeds and the Saints still to play away for me will are all but down.

definitely not down yet. 50 pts will almost certainly keep us up so we need 4 wins out of 6. it's hard to see us getting much at leeds or southampton but the other 4 are all winnable.

Problem is in all likelihood we're going to need two wins just to get out of the relegation zone come 5pm Saturday. Discount the Saints and that's two wins in 4 games and that is unlikely to be enough so it has to be minimum 3 wins from those 4. With a team struggling to score and leaking at the back it just seems so far fetched.

All points to the fact that we'll probably have to fluke a win against either Leeds or Saints. We'll probably go and beat a Saints team with nothing to play for but already be down!!

What are the odds on us avoiding relgation now? I just need to lay a little bet....

:whistling:

You can back us to go down (but I couldn't bring myself to do that!) at Betfair with a price of 1.16. To lay us the price is 1.49 - worth a flutter if you ask me......we might just still get out of it.

:support:

I like the spirit but having seen us without creating a serious chance over Easter, with no Macca, Spencer, Scannell or Moussa (All be it for one game) and with Leeds and the Saints still to play away for me will are all but down.
I am afraid all the hoping in the world aint gona help. With the above missing players we would struggle, without them we havnt got a prayer, its all about preparing for next season now and hoping we can hang on to our better players, whoever they are.

Admire your optimism Smiffy but frankly the way we are playing Id be surprised if we even win one game. Even Stockport will come to Roots Hall knowing they can beat us.
The main problems;
- Who will score the goals
- Will Grant be able to go 6 games without getting a booking
- Whos got the stomach for a relegation battle?

Admire your optimism Smiffy but frankly the way we are playing Id be surprised if we even win one game. Even Stockport will come to Roots Hall knowing they can beat us.
The main problems;
- Who will score the goals
- Will Grant be able to go 6 games without getting a booking
- Whos got the stomach for a relegation battle?

I may be wrong, but if Grant lasts the Leeds game then on the 11th, his yellow count will go down to 10 or something like that ...... I'm so useful ;)

Problem is in all likelihood we're going to need two wins just to get out of the relegation zone come 5pm Saturday. Discount the Saints and that's two wins in 4 games and that is unlikely to be enough so it has to be minimum 3 wins from those 4. With a team struggling to score and leaking at the back it just seems so far fetched.

!!

Regretfully agree with you. Leeds have lost their last 2 at home, and with our injury list and alleged lack of commitment by several players then i cannot see anything but a 2 or 3 goal defeat on saturday with us unable to add to their home form misery. Knowing us we're beat Brentford to give a glimmer of hope, then capitulate 4 days later against Brighton. By the time we play Stockport i fear the result wont matter an iota as our future will have already been decided for next season. Even if Southampton have nothing to play for in our last game, their striking force will be much too much for our defence.

Let's count Saturday out.......or let's put it this way........if we even got a point against Leeds I would be SO surprised that even I would re-think on the possibility of escaping the drop. Thus, we arrive at Tuesday when we start four 'russian roulette' games ..............anything but three points from each and we're dead. Funnily enough with four wins on a trot I would back us to get a point against the Saints.........but all of this is pure conjecture and highly unlikely to happen.
Perhaps, when we look back on this season, we will understand that Ron took a huge gamble with the side which was deliberately underfunded and undersized. It was a gamble that relied on a modicum of luck and sadly this season we have been completely out of that commodity. Incredibly, he so nearly got away with it. I won't talk about our problems with embargoes or conceding last minute goals.............it's injuries that did for us.

* M'Voto was meant to be our pillar in central-defence.........not exactly Dervite but
opened with promise.............until the game at Brighton. Sadly, following his long
injury, he's a different player and a liability rather than an assett.
* I believe the injury to Grant hit us harder than many would believe and though he
has come back very well............what about the points we lost whilst he was out?
* Scannell was just starting to repay the belief that Tilly had in him and combined
with Moussa, was starting to cause panic in opposition defenses.
* Spencer showed that he could score and provided us with another option up front.
* Then, when we had virtually all sting extracted from midfield, even Macca picks up
an injury.
* I could add Moussa's suspension..........but that wouldn't have been so critical.....
if the above hadn't have happened.

I would even go as far to say that, if Scannell and Moussa had played our last ten or so matches, I think we would have escaped....................Yes, I believe that it was really as close as that!

Back