• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

East Green I 83

Schoolboy⭐⭐
After today's game, and looking back over the previous 800 or so I have attended, I asked myself that question (again!!) ....WHY?
Aren't hobbies/pastimes etc meant to be enjoyable/fulfilling/rewarding etc etc?
After most matches I leave RH with a banging headache, sore throat, and an overall feeling of frustration!
So really, why do we do it?

Last edited:
And as is generally accepted, drugs are bad for your health.....And drugs are meant to give you a "high"? I reckon I have experienced a lot more "lows"!! .......Like most of us though I keep going back for more. So why?

Because the highs make you forget the lows, and we've had some incredible highs in the last 3 years...Wembley - twice, promotion.

And as is generally accepted, drugs are bad for your health.....And drugs are meant to give you a "high"? I reckon I have experienced a lot more "lows"!! .......Like most of us though I keep going back for more. So why?
If you're still asking why after 23rd May 2015 then I don't think you'll ever understand.

Fair point. I obviously remember that:smile: Just that those "highs" are so far and few between it is a miracle that we all keep perservering ....but we do.

I think the answer is probably in your user name. Make the short trip over to the West Stand. Headaches and sore throats are optional there. Frustration tends to be universal wherever you sit. Seriously, I haven't a clue why we keep going until I watch things like Lenny's second half surge forward, or McGlashan skinning full backs, or Woody slamming home a goal and me leaping upwards as a result. It's instinctive I guess. Oh, and were else could I see 1800 miserable Millwall faithful leaving before the end of a thumping, and that's just this season.

football/booze/fags/women(or men) = LIFE - great innit :smile:

The incredible highs, joy and excitement I have felt over 58 years of supporting our beloved team far, far outweigh the lows. Like a stick of rock, the name of our team runs through my body. Nothing will ever change that. COYBB

We do it to ourselves for the 122nd Wembley goal, Freddy v Man Utd, Benjy at Bury. Those moments that don't come around often, not even once a season, that make it worth it.

If those things happened all the time we wouldn't appreciate them. They just become the norm. We become Man United or Arsenal or something.

Its real like life. Mostly dull, often crap, but with occasional moments of ecstasy. If you want something untouchable, remote and obscene, look at following the Premiersh!te.

Because the highs make you forget the lows, and we've had some incredible highs in the last 3 years...Wembley - twice, promotion.

Good point and the highs we have experienced in the last 13 years are the envy of many a football supporter up and down the land.

Football should be a passion, it is for me, without passion we are automatons?
The pint and chat before kick off - home and away. The choice of team selection, the chap chatter on us and them. The rumours, gossip, slander, humour. The highs and lows, success and disappointment.
Post match dissection. Getting hot (occassionally), cold, and wet. Keeping calm when it is kicking off, ignoring the numpty just down the stand, suffering the power crazed stewards, interpreting the loud speaker blurb.
A home win is very good but AN away win, against the odds on a hell frozen over day "Up North" etc is always, always a triumph to recall. Tickets for Rochdale? I will be there!

Perhaps Uncle Ron had a headache,how to try and balance the books,and flabbergast the council !!!

Back