• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News We are on BBC Website

P&R from Airport makes sense as the rail station is there.

I'm not that familiar with that part of the world, how far is it from Southend Central to Fossetts?

Do you know if we can hand them in at the Club Shop, Ticket Office, Reception, or Bars tomorrow night before the game?

Anyone who still wants to hand letters in can do so at main reception tonight.

I'm not that familiar with that part of the world, how far is it from Southend Central to Fossetts?
Wow, quite a distance from Southend Central - it's a fraction under 2 miles to the Wellesley from Southend Central on foot, which, as most will know, is just the other side of Waitrose.

You would probably be better off getting out at Southend East for FF, if you were on the C2C line. A park and ride would be quicker and easier, straight down Bournemouth Park.

You would probably be better off getting out at Southend East for FF, if you were on the C2C line. A park and ride would be quicker and easier, straight down Bournemouth Park.
Yep, slightly shorter walk too at a mile and a half.

What about where the traffic is now matchdays right on top of Vic ave and narrow bit at that? Can't see why round fossetts would be much difference as long as the roads are sorted out ok.?
Traffic round Fossetts will be totally manageable as long as it only holds 22,000 fans but become more difficult each time we increase the capacity.

There is no way to get into the Southend Airport Railway Station from Rochford Road, you can only get to it from the Airport side.

Untitled2.png

Traffic round Fossetts will be totally manageable as long as it only holds 22,000 fans but become more difficult each time we increase the capacity.
Have u ever driven along A127 from Kent elms. Bell ,Cuckoo Corner ,Sutton Rd ,if not I suggest u try it

Southend Borough Council and Rochford District Council looked previously at connecting Temple Farm Industrial Estate (Chandlers Way/Fossetts Way/Sutton Road) with Warners Bridge Roundabout and the Airport.

It would solve a lot of problems getting from Southend to Rochford and vice versa, as Sutton Road is always rammed at Purdeys Industrial Estate and Ann Bolyne Pub Roundabouts.

It would also give another route East/West and West/East to ease traffic at Priory Crescent, Cuckoo Corner, Bell Pub, and Tesco Roundabout.

The new road is not very long but would require a new road bridge over the Liverpool Street Railway Line.

New proposed road shown in red would go round the existing Rugby club.

Untitled3.png

The problem with FF will be from The Bell lights.

At the moment, people turn right at The Bell or earlier and head towards RH using Prittlewell Chase and the like.

With FF, everything will bottleneck at Cuckoo Corner. I dread to think of the tailbacks down the A127 and back out towards the airport along Manners Way.

In fairness, with the ridiculous amount over zealous house building going on, and the atrocious lack of infrastructure and road capacity with significant lack of action to address this in the rest of Essex, at least Southend council is trying to think about congestion... Chelmsford is at a standstill most of the time, Braintree and Witham no better - and new housing estates are popping up almost daily!

Cuckoo corner, the Bell and manners way were always bad before the new road from Tesco to the back of Rochford was built, so can see why the concern. I suspect that FF will be less of an issue traffic wise than the eventual redevelopment of Roots Hall. Maybe a large park and ride, with 2-3 bus routes, covering FF, the seafront / town centre and the airport would be a good way forward?

Good point on property development, Ms B.

On the housebuilding, of course, there's that huge development on the old Access site to chuck in to the Priory Crescent mix, as well.

Yes often-my capacity comment wasn’t meant to be taken seriously.
I ignored the capacity, over te last few months there seems to b a huge increases traffic volume,it's a nighmare travelling along the A127

And the Hospice and an Aldi store has planning permission for the site. I have to say I haven't seen any signs of road improvements as a result of that estate going up!

Don't forget, though, there's a new road going in along the high street! :Smile::Think:

And the Hospice and an Aldi store has planning permission for the site. I have to say I haven't seen any signs of road improvements as a result of that estate going up!
Yes I ignored that's well,I may stop supporting SUFC if the new stadium is built .
I think the stadium is to be built on the wrong side of town

Back