• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We are only two game into the season!!!!

Csboy

Manager
Reading some of the posts on here you would think we are already relegated. There is plenty of time to turn things around. I am still confident we can at least finish in the top half this season.

The trouble with having all the success we have had over the last few years has made people expect too much and think we should win every game. Had we lost our 1st two games when we came up two years ago no one would have complained expectations were not that high two years ago.

Tilson and Brush are still the best people to manage the club and thankfully we have a chairman who is patient and prepared to back them.
For the minority who want Tilson to go I ask who should replace him? What great manager outthere could do a better job. You only have to looked at all the failed managers we have had before Tilson to see good managers are hard to come by.

You are right . The first two games were also not particularly representative of what we will face this season .Millwall and Brighton will be a better guide to what we can expect .

For long spells yesterday we dominated Leeds , who still have some very good players for this level , and we played some attractive football .

We got caught out for their second when we were looking for a winner .

We have got to learn to be more miserly . We were 1-0 up against Orient , last year we played many sides who got to 1-0 and then shut up shop . We should be good enough to do this in this League

I would have taken 1-1 yesterday . Not many teams will leave Elland Road with a point and we had battled back to get one . Leeds were shaken and their fans were about to turn on them . Yes , I know we smelled victory but if we want to be top half we have to hold what we've got .When I saw Tilly's response to the Flo substitution was to bring on Richards , it seemed to make sense , until he pulled a defender off .

You are right . The first two games were also not particularly representative of what we will face this season .Millwall and Brighton will be a better guide to what we can expect .

For long spells yesterday we dominated Leeds , who still have some very good players for this level , and we played some attractive football .

We got caught out for their second when we were looking for a winner .

We have got to learn to be more miserly . We were 1-0 up against Orient , last year we played many sides who got to 1-0 and then shut up shop . We should be good enough to do this in this League

I would have taken 1-1 yesterday . Not many teams will leave Elland Road with a point and we had battled back to get one . Leeds were shaken and their fans were about to turn on them . Yes , I know we smelled victory but if we want to be top half we have to hold what we've got .When I saw Tilly's response to the Flo substitution was to bring on Richards , it seemed to make sense , until he pulled a defender off .

I forgot to add that if we had taken a point at Leeds it would have also spelled out to them that it is not going to be easy to overcome a fifteen point deficit .

We play 'open' football but if we had 4 points on the board after our first two , then this Zone would be a happier place right now.

Its down to a lack of confidence that we can actually beat teams in this league. We are better than most on paper but need to perform on the pitch. Its been a tough start and hopefully we can get a confidence boosting win in the league.

It would help though if we had a decent combo of forwards and for me Harrold and Bradders are not a combo! Too similar in style and neither with any pace.....me balancing a pint on me head running 100 yards would have more pace than those two.

Its down to a lack of confidence that we can actually beat teams in this league. We are better than most on paper but need to perform on the pitch. Its been a tough start and hopefully we can get a confidence boosting win in the league.

It would help though if we had a decent combo of forwards and for me Harrold and Bradders are not a combo! Too similar in style and neither with any pace.....me balancing a pint on me head running 100 yards would have more pace than those two.

I agree and we need to keep our support firm at a time like this.
Please everyone can we not bitch on the terraces.
Support your team!

Back