• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Surely Ron would have liked the income from the 1st round game - or is it not really worth bothering with?

Still, nice not to be knocked out of the 1st round in one of the cup competitions this year ..................:winking:

Talking of income Southend don't seem to have arranged many friendlies so far, if you can get home games against local bigger clubs or prem teams they normally bring lots of fans even for pre season games the income from them help to tide you over the Summer months. We have West Ham Ipswich and Spurs lined up to play at the WHCS in the space of a week in July plus of course lots of games against much smaller clubs, I understand across all our teams we are playing at least 20 pre season friendlies this year.

Surely Ron would have liked the income from the 1st round game - or is it not really worth bothering with?

Still, nice not to be knocked out of the 1st round in one of the cup competitions this year ..................:winking:

Probably costs more to stage it than revenue coming in. Crowd's are always poor for first round JPT games.

For me the good news is that there is one less game to play. Sorry, for all the enjoyment of our Wembley day out, I remain convinced that our progress to the Final, screwed our season up. If AFC Wimbledon had done us a favour and knocked us out in the first round, it's my opinion that we would now, quite probably, be in League One ...........if quite a lot poorer financially.

Back