• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We are wearing BLUE

I can confirm with only being a hour or so after the final whistle Southend will be wearing blue to Cardiff!

Source "a club director"

GOOD!

Coming out of the ground tonight i had visions of us wearing a gold kit!

UP THE BLUES!

Gold was mentioned in the spread! when i told people that i know its blue they were like no it will be gold!

but no i can definatly (sp) confirm we will be in blue! unless a club director lies?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (east stand drummer boy @ Mar. 08 2005,23:25)]I can confirm with only being a hour or so after the final whistle Southend will be wearing blue to Cardiff!

Source "a club director"
Source: Brian Wheeler

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matty the Shrimper @ Mar. 08 2005,23:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (east stand drummer boy @ Mar. 08 2005,23:25)]I can confirm with only being a hour or so after the final whistle Southend will be wearing blue to Cardiff!

Source "a club director"
Source: Brian Wheeler
Since when had Brian Wheeler been a club director?!

WS

biggrin.gif

BLUE ARMY!

I'd be happy playing in the Blue kit we already have!

Other teams dont feel the need to bring a special one off kit out for a final, Eg, Chelsea and Liverpool etc!

Pleaseeeeeeeeeee let's hope we keep the Blue kit we have now for the final.

UP THE BLUES!

I thought Brian Wheeler was a club director obviously not!

but i didnt want to say names! incase people started moaning about name dropping etc!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (east stand drummer boy @ Mar. 08 2005,23:33)]I thought Brian Wheeler was a club director obviously not!

but i didnt want to say names! incase people started moaning about name dropping etc!
Meh, who cares?
WERE GOING TO CARDIFF

[b said:
Quote[/b] (east stand drummer boy @ Mar. 08 2005,23:33)]I thought Brian Wheeler was a club director obviously not!

I wouldn't boast about "name-dropping" Brian Wheeler!! Hamster-loving S.O.B.!

Anyway, he's listed as the club's marketing manager and sometimes as the "commercial director", which does not mean he is a member of the club's board of directors. I would have thought any choice of what colour shirts the team will wear for the final is down to the board and the coaching staff. But, considering the club shop has recently resembled a grocery store in deepest Moscow circa 1988, the team might well be playing in their vests ...

WS

I like Brian, even if he is a West Ham fan. Nice to see him looking pleased as punch at the result tonight. The fist shaking by him was good to see.
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Mar. 08 2005,23:50)]I like Brian, even if he is a West Ham fan. Nice to see him looking pleased as punch at the result tonight. The fist shaking by him was good to see.
wink.gif
yep, I bet he could see the £££ signs already ...

WS

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Mar. 08 2005,23:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Mar. 08 2005,23:50)]I like Brian, even if he is a West Ham fan. Nice to see him looking pleased as punch at the result tonight. The fist shaking by him was good to see.
wink.gif
yep, I bet he could see the £££ signs already ...

WS

wink.gif
You cynic you.
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ Mar. 09 2005,00:33)]I'd be happy playing in the Blue kit we already have!
Personally speaking, I'd like a commemorative shirt that has LDV Final embossed above / below the badge.

If we are playing in blue, this would only be really worth splashing out on IF the shirt is different to our current home shirt.

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Mar. 09 2005,08:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TonyTheKray @ Mar. 09 2005,00:33)]I'd be happy playing in the Blue kit we already have!
Personally speaking, I'd like a commemorative shirt that has LDV Final embossed above  / below the badge.

If we are playing in blue, this would only be really worth splashing out on IF the shirt is different to our current home shirt.

rock.gif
Agreed, but knowing the delays with suppliers this isn't going to happen unless some astute person has been greasing some wheels in advance.

I can see some embroided badges bbeing knocked up and a special embroided writing being machined into our existibng shirts perhaps.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Mar. 09 2005,09:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Mar. 09 2005,08:48)]
[b said:
Personally speaking, I'd like a commemorative shirt that has LDV Final embossed above  / below the badge.

rock.gif
Agreed, but knowing the delays with suppliers this isn't going to happen unless some astute person has been greasing some wheels in advance.

I can see some embroided badges bbeing knocked up and a special embroided writing being machined into our existibng shirts perhaps.....
That'll do for me.

Back