• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

chris wood

Youth Team
With us being the form team in the table it looks like our history will never see a Southend appearance at Wembely for a big game.
This seasons play off final will not be played at Wembley i understand think it will be Old Trafford.
It amazes me that every time we get a chance of a wembley date we fall at the final hurdle ie Notts County anglo italian cup, brentford LDV, or we miss out like our Cardiff finals while wembley was being built and possibly this season as a play off finalist due to wembley being double booked.
So lads keep the wins coming and lets go for automatic promotion!!!!!!!!!!

We will be promoted automatically , so I wouldn't worry.

I'd like for us to takeover Old Trafford though. Not really fussed Wembley is overrated anyway!
:smiles:

I don't think we would take many at all to Old Trafford IF we even get there. It's a bloody long way and morale amongst the local people is at rock bottom. It would be a similar turnout to our Play-Off final apperance at the Mil Stad.

For that reason I want us to go for the Auto's.

Only 5 point's behind 3rd spot. It is achievable. We need to grab the opportunity and get out of this ******** division at the earliest possible opportunity.

A long trip to an empty Old Trafford and probably out numbered by some tin pot northern team, does not appeal at all.

Last edited:
We will be promoted automatically , so I wouldn't worry.

I'd like for us to takeover Old Trafford though. Not really fussed Wembley is overrated anyway!
:smiles:

How many would we honestly take if we got to the Play Off at Old Trafford? Not enough to take it over I doubt.

I don't think we would take many at all to Old Trafford IF we even get there. It's a bloody long way and morale amongst the local people is at rock bottom. It would be a similar turnout to our Play-Off final apperance at the Mil Stad.

For that reason I want us to go for the Auto's.

Only 5 point's behind 3rd spot. It is achievable.

Yep, keep saying it, we'll be promoted at home to Stevenage on Friday 22nd April!

How many would we honestly take if we got to the Play Off at Old Trafford? Not enough to take it over I doubt.

I actually have no idea, probably similiar to the Playoff final at the Millennium Stadium, but don't actually know. Maybe 20,000. The crowd was 5,500 last night, and I think we might get over 6,000 on Saturday, maybe the support will re appear?

The Old Trafford decision is a crazy one. Surely it would be preferable to have agreements in place with, say, Old Trafford, The Emirates and Villa Park and then use the one most convenient for the two teams who make the final. Southend vs Gillingham at OT would be madness.

I actually have no idea, probably similiar to the Playoff final at the Millennium Stadium, but don't actually know. Maybe 20,000. The crowd was 5,500 last night, and I think we might get over 6,000 on Saturday, maybe the support will re appear?

Don't be fooled by last nights attendance, effectively that was a boxing day attendance as most people had their tickets ways back in december!!

20K? No chance! If we are going up I hope it's automatic because it'd be a fairly pitiful turn out.

With us being the form team in the table it looks like our history will never see a Southend appearance at Wembely for a big game.
This seasons play off final will not be played at Wembley i understand think it will be Old Trafford.
It amazes me that every time we get a chance of a wembley date we fall at the final hurdle ie Notts County anglo italian cup, brentford LDV, or we miss out like our Cardiff finals while wembley was being built and possibly this season as a play off finalist due to wembley being double booked.
So lads keep the wins coming and lets go for automatic promotion!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully we'll do just that. We're only 5 points off at the moment...

Dave, no offence mate but your in cloud cuckoo land if you think we would take 20,000 to OT.
We would struggle to take half of that. The PO Final at Mil Stad resulted in about 8,000 Southend turning up. That would be about right for OT I would think.

OT has no real appeal and it is bloody miles away. We would be well outnumbered by any northern team we had the misfortune of playing there. I think the total attendance would struggle to reach half of the OT capacity.

Obviously I would take the PO Final right now. But would rather not go down that route. Let's get out of this ***** division the quick way.

Last edited:
Dave, no offence mate but your in cloud cuckoo land if you think we would take 20,000 to OT.

We would struggle to take half of that.

OT has no real appeal and it is bloody miles away. We would be well outnumbered by any northern team we had the misfortune of playing there. I think the total attendance would struggle to reach half of the OT capacity.

Definitely, what is the capacity? 75,000?
To bring 20,000 thousand is probably very cuckoo landish.

Quite likely to play dirty Gills I'd say. The football league has to look at changing it, surely?

We would struggle to take half of that. The PO Final at Mil Stad resulted in about 8,000 Southend turning up. That would be about right for OT I would think.

Obviously I would take the PO Final right now. But would rather not go down that route. Let's get out of this ***** division the quick way.

Proves how **** our support/fans really are then!!! OT is hardly the end of the world and would take a max of 5 hours to get too!

you lot moan about pretty much everything but moaning about going to a playoff final tops it

I think people are forgetting the LDV turnouts prior to the Lincoln play-off final. For those we took 22,000 and 18,000. I believe the turnout for the play-off final was much lower due to the fact that many had forked out for the 2nd LDV only 6 weeks before. The novelty of a Cardiff final had probably gone by then for most anyway and we were left with 8,000 of mainly hardcore support. Without the LDV's we'd have definitely taken 20,000+ to Cardiff for the play-offs.

The fact Southend have never played at Old Trafford should therefore be a deciding factor, along with the fact it's been 6 years since we made a domestic final. If we reach the play-off final I can see us taking 15,000+ to Manchester.

I think people are forgetting the LDV turnouts prior to the Lincoln play-off final. For those we took 22,000 and 18,000. I believe the turnout for the play-off final was much lower due to the fact that many had forked out for the 2nd LDV only 6 weeks before. The novelty of a Cardiff final had probably gone by then for most anyway and we were left with 8,000 of mainly hardcore support. Without the LDV's we'd have definitely taken 20,000+ to Cardiff for the play-offs.

The fact Southend have never played at Old Trafford should therefore be a deciding factor, along with the fact it's been 6 years since we made a domestic final. If we reach the play-off final I can see us taking 15,000+ to Manchester.

I remember a fantastic flag, that said, 'SKINT BUT LOYAL' on it, still gives me a bit of a tingle that does, the fans that went, where truly rewarded.
Ahh.

Back