• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

"And they are carrying him of" (quite literally) "Tough luck on the Rovers"

Fantastic video and great quality, forget you Gary Neville`s we need that sort of commentry back!

I loved the body checks on the goalies, and what about that pitch? Not a blade of grass in sight.

Careful some of us can remember playing football in conditions like that. Muddy pitch, no problem. Frosty pitch, no problem. Hailstorm, heavy rain, no problem. When I was a kid sliding tackles was my signature. As long as you got some piece of the ball at some stage of the tackle you were fine. Even if you didn't the world carried on. I have no doubt that football is in a better place for most of the rule changes and I can understand councils calling off games these days but what fun we had. My mum used to love me coming home head to toe in mud by which time it had dried snd was caking nicely. Double the fun in the bath (long before showers were the norm). Don't get in the bath until you've gone out the back door and got the big clumps of mud off. Yea right mum ! Occasionally I did more often I didnt.

I don't often feel my age and people at work tell me that the whole time. I'm proud of the fact that I still play competitve 11 a side every week and not at vets level (though I've found a league I might join next season). It's moments like this where I just wish I could time travel and re live life for one day as a kid. Ok that's a new thread !

Watching that clip, it seems our tactics haven't changed in 63 years. Get the ball out to the wing a.s.a.p. And score the winner from a defender's error.

I remember those leather footballs. Once they got wet they were like boulders. You could kick them and they would travel about five yards if you were lucky - and you'd have broken every bone in your foot!

What would they make of today’s game where you go down clutching your face because your hair buns been ruffled.

Back