• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

palexander

Life President
If you are thinking of renting/downloading a film for the weekend, go get American Pyscho...

Everyone I know how has watched it either loves it (moi) or totally hates it or doesnt fully understand it. Firstly, its based on a (big) book - which is far more detailed and more graphic than the film. The transition to the big screen is 'based' on the book, but by and large its word for word script wise.

The film has a great cast, Christian Bale plays the lead and IS Patrick Bateman (those who have read the book will no doubt agree) - in a brilliantly acted role of madness, dark comedy and selfishness. Other cast members include Justin Theroux, Willam Dafoe and the beautiful Reese Witherspoon
tounge.gif

The story is set in the late 80's in Wall Street and is about Batemans descent into complete madness, whilst around him nobody gives a sh*t about anything apart from money and how they look. The film is very dark 'comedy' is guess, though its more comedic than the book.

Thought I'd post this for discussion anyway as its one of the more interesting movies of our era - did you like it or hate it?
I've read the book a few times and watched the film countless numbers of times and still find them both great...

It has some great lines in it too!

Waiter: "Would sir like to hear the specials?"
Bateman: "Not if you want to keep your spleen"
------------------------
Bateman to waitress who cannot hear him over noise: "You're a f**king ugly bitch. I want to stab you to death, and then play around with your blood."
----------------------------
Patrick Bateman : Ask me a question.
Daisy : What do you do?
Patrick Bateman : I'm into... well murders and executions mostly.
Daisy : Do you like it?
Patrick Bateman : It depends. Why?
Daisy : Because most guys I know, who work with mergers and acquisitions really don't like it.

---------------

There are many more, but you should watch it to see them!!

Paul.

I read the book last year and it is horrific, the sort of book that actually makes you grimace whilst reading some parts of it. But a fantastic read none the less. I'm still to see the film but I shall have to get hold of a copy.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Aug. 27 2004,15:14)]Got the book, got the film, fecking superb.

'Do you like Huey Lewis and The News?'

' I have to return some video tapes'
Think one of my favourite bits is Batemans confession near the end on his lawyers answer machine...

"I killed Paul Allen, with an axe - in the FACE, and his body is disolving in a bathtub in Hells Kitchen, I killed some hookers, ... even tried to *gag* eat some of their brains and cook a little... basically, I've had to kill A LOT of people tonight..." etc etc...

Totally cracks me up, Bale acts that superbly...

He ( Bale ) definitely makes that film his own. Hard to imagine Leo DiCaprio in the role now  ( Bale was axed when Leo expressed an interest, then when he dropped out Bale was reinstated )

I like the business cards scene:

'The colour, the tasteful thickness of it......oh my God, it's even got a watermark'

Notice the avatar Paul?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Aug. 27 2004,15:38)]He ( Bale ) definitely makes that film his own. Hard to imagine Leo DiCaprio in the role now  ( Bale was axed when Leo expressed an interest, then when he dropped out Bale was reinstated )

I like the business cards scene:

'The colour, the tasteful thickness of it......oh my God, it's even got a watermark'

Notice the avatar Paul?
Yea, the avatar is what prompted me to post! Been thinking of posting about AP for a few days...

Yea, the business card scene is class... again brilliantly acted as Bateman nearly comes!

"Lets see Paul Allens card... Oh my god... the colour etc "

I like when Bateman unveils his own card "The colour? Thats bone..." - love the way he says it with such smugness!

Knew about Leo Di Crap - would have been very interesting to say the least. As I said, Bale IS Bateman and nobody else could play it like he does.

Paul Allen: "You're late"
Bateman: "Give me a break, I'm a child of divorce"

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Aug. 27 2004,16:11)]says the man who's had more injuries than even me recently

biggrin.gif

ps any more details re Saturday?
What, one injury? Hmmm, let's factor that onto the last 3 months.

Nothing more on Saturday other than what I said in my email, I'll be there so give me a shout if you're about.

Back