• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We Miss Maher

Christ on a bike lads, as has been alluded to we also miss the likes of Franky Banks, Bill Garner, and Dave Cusack but time moves on!

I'm not worried about Grant, Moussa, etc - bear in mind that we have got a COMPLETELY new midfield this season. It's bound to take time to gel.

Christ on a bike lads, as has been alluded to we also miss the likes of Franky Banks, Bill Garner, and Dave Cusack but time moves on!

I'm not worried about Grant, Moussa, etc - bear in mind that we have got a COMPLETELY new midfield this season. It's bound to take time to gel.

Exactly right - Bailey wasn't that brilliant at the start of last season, these things do take time unless you have the luxury of building your team early enough for them to gel in pre-season. We are rarely that affluent enough to be able to do so therefore we have to put up with a jittery start to the season. Give them time, things looked good against Millwall and last night until on both occasions, we were forced to make unforseen changes.

Maher was subbed early on his debut - and then dropped for the match after

Face it - he's past it.....and it was right that we didn't keep him/utilise him over Macca/Baily last year

any one can see Grant is a quality act and can pass the ball ..... a major asset for SUFc that will progress up the leagues ....

Maher has reached his level -

any one can see Grant is a quality act and can pass the ball ..... a major asset for SUFc that will progress up the leagues ....

Maher has reached his level -

Agreed! Grant is a good player and will be a great player in the coming years, as was Maher at his peak.

Yes Grant made some mistakes yesterday, but I watched him very closely as I heard good things about him from someone who's judgement I trust.

You can argue that someone might have had a bad game but a quality player is a quality player....

We really miss Maher. Without him I couldn't see us ever getting to the play-offs - just look how we struggled without him last season.

Alternatively it could be that we haven't adequately replaced Gower.

For my money Moussa is playing exactly like Maher did when he joined us from Spurs. That probably won't mean a lot to at least half of our crowd. It took Maher about 5 or 6 seasons to come good, hopefully Moussa won't take so long to perform.

Half the crowd probably don't even know he came from Spurs full stop!
thats because the majority of fans have jumped on the success bandwagon. dont wanna complain too much, but lets have it right, where were these fans 6 years ago when we were playing on tuesday nights getting crowds of 2000? will you still come out if the unthinkable happens and the blues slip down the leagues? i doubt it will, and pray it won't. applaud every1 that was there in the past and always will be there

We miss Maher because now we have no choice but to give that no-mark Moussa a game. And Maher was not on some steady decline, he was our best player by miles in the Championship season. He's probably loving every minute of looking down at us from the top of League One.

Back