• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We Miss Maher

does anyone know if the club will give maher a testimonial in the future? they can't hold that against him, after all he has done.

Would have beaten Donny with Maher in the side imo. His experience would have helped those who didnt show up up on the day!

Funny how his ratings haven't been so good for Oldham to date, what did he manage yesterday? Sub appearance on the 85th minute I believe?

Would have beaten Donny with Maher in the side imo. His experience would have helped those who didnt show up up on the day!

Would have helped for sure, but on the day they were on a different planet both in total footballing terms and hitting the back of the net.

Superman would not have saved us, mind you had Walker put his chance away, it could have been a very different game.

He's the reason we're top of the league by 2 points.

Super Super Kev
Super Super Kev
Super Super Kev
Super Kevin Maher :clap:

Im sure Maher is doing a great job, starting games on the bench !

His ball earnt us our first goal of the season, a cruical one to get us back on level terms after going behind after 12 seconds! Also that goal was worth 2 points!

His ball earnt us our first goal of the season, a cruical one to get us back on level terms after going behind after 12 seconds! Also that goal was worth 2 points!

Thank you for sharing that piece of information that i was desperate to know.

But i'm sure there would be a lot of Oldham fans who actually give a toss what you say !!

We miss Maher because now we have no choice but to give that no-mark Moussa a game. And Maher was not on some steady decline, he was our best player by miles in the Championship season. He's probably loving every minute of looking down at us from the top of League One.

'Moussa a no-mark'. You must be joking. He IMO will be a Premier league player within 4 years. For me he was the best midfield player on park Friday till he was wrongly sent off. At least he learnt something from King Kev.How to play simple passes to his team mates, yes sideways and backwards, and not lump the ball forward. This BOY will be a big star for us in the next couple of seasons.
Yes it's a great shame Kev left but after wot happened he could not have stayed. And it had nothing to do with lumping Moussa, for the reason that he HAD to leave. The guy is a Southend legend up there with Collymore, Marsh, Jonathan Hunt, Powell and Simon Royce as one of the best players ever to play for us . But like them he has gone and we will carry on. And with Moussa, Heard, Barnard and Grant I feel the future is going to be very a exiting time to be a Shrimper.
GET BEHIND THE BOYS DONT SLAG THEM OFF.

riginally Posted by Betsy Blue We miss Maher because now we have no choice but to give that no-mark Moussa a game. And Maher was not on some steady decline, he was our best player by miles in the Championship season. He's probably loving every minute of looking down at us from the top of League One.

I would dispute maher was in best player in the championship season i would give that honour To Mark Gower

riginally Posted by Betsy Blue We miss Maher because now we have no choice but to give that no-mark Moussa a game. And Maher was not on some steady decline, he was our best player by miles in the Championship season. He's probably loving every minute of looking down at us from the top of League One.

I would dispute maher was in best player in the championship season i would give that honour To Mark Gower

IMO it was With Out doubt Maher. Can a poll be sorted ?

Back