• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be very surprised if he signed for us and it seems PB is now saying it is all press talk after he stated he wanted a chat with him, but you never know.I don't think PB was aware of the previous problems that occurred when he stated he wanted to speak to AB.

AB fell out with RM big time when he with others were forced out of the club a few years back and not paid.

That's more of a problem for people on this board than AB. Adam loves it here and is considering a return... and that's from a source very, very close to the player himself.

That's more of a problem for people on this board than AB. Adam loves it here and is considering a return... and that's from a source very, very close to the player himself.

The previous financial problems must still be a factor though.

The previous financial problems must still be a factor though.

Financial problems aren't unique to Southend, and they haven't been a problem for maybe the last 24 months. That's a long time in football and if AB is looking for an L2 team then we're about as good as he's going to get, financially. He may have issues with RM but he'll be dealing with Brown and AB is professional enough to not let the past get in way of these twilight months/years of his career.

Fair points pubes, and I would want us to offer a contract to the end of next season , as Barratt fit as a flea and a great leader and influence on other other lads, especially the youngsters. I also believe he would be fired up to do a great job for us to complete his career on the pitch and no doubt would improve our goalscoring. He may be essential cover , al la Phillips, next year and help bring on Bolger and Thompson in terms of experience , would love to see him snapped up this week!!? But as ever will we make the right move here?

The Echo back page headline today has PB stating that the deal for Barrett is still not dead. He is waiting for a response fro Gillingham. We shall see.

Would rather get a younger player in, experienced Barratt yes but way past his best. Not sure it would be progress for a Southend.

Would rather get a younger player in, experienced Barratt yes but way past his best. Not sure it would be progress for a Southend.

Barrett is a huge threat at set-pieces, somewhere we have been badly lacking.

Barrett is a huge threat at set-pieces, somewhere we have been badly lacking.
Current team does not get many corners and the thought of watching Barratt treading treacle to get back into defence after going up for set pieces would be a nightmare, no thanks.

A consortium of 4 staff are currently running Gills ! ( including Lovell and Hessenthaler )

I note that Brown says 2 more signings to be announced tomorrow and one for goal threat the pother for experience ? Barratt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back