• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brown probably doesn't want AB back as he see's him a ready made replacement ie. caretaker or player/manager should the axe fall

With no disrespect to Adam, I really don't think PB has anything to fear from that quarter..........not Uncle Ron's style. Paul Sturrock, Phil Brown, Adam Barrett?.......naaaahh :nope: Plus the fact, his Christian name doesn't start with P! :winking:

Although Barrett was typically all action at both ends of the pitch, I was more impressed by his defensive partner Jake Goodman.
yep I'd go for that, goodman looked good at back and would be a much better signing to play now and for years ahead, although Barrett had a good game a lot of this was down to goodman who looks to have a good head on his shoulders, definatley the better option:thumbsup:

The only objective measure is how many goals we conceded- this tells a different story. To say you can't recall when we last had such a poor back 4 it seems to me at odds with reality but tbh I don't know if your memory goes back weeks, days, months, years or decades :smile:

're my last post for rational on my view . Please feel free to, name a back 4 that played together regularly from the last 10 years that you feel is inferior to the current back 4 that you would not swap for the current back 4

Would have thought if Barrett came back he would probably sign on a perm contract. Clearly not wanted by Gillingham. As others have said he is southend through and through, still lives in the area etc. would like Tubbs as well but doubt we will get him. Would be surprised if he didn't stay at Wimbledon for the season now, unless he can't. One thing that impressed me tonight was, that Wimbledon didn't sit back, where they could they pushed forward and showed liverpool no respect. I can't imagne us playing that way under brown in a similar situation

Like we did when we beat Millwall 4-1, you mean?

're my last post for rational on my view . Please feel free to, name a back 4 that played together regularly from the last 10 years that you feel is inferior to the current back 4 that you would not swap for the current back 4

5/4/2010
Sankofa
Herd
Barrett
Baldwin

Only Barrett of that 4 would get in the current side

10/8/2010
Simpson
Barker
Coughlan
Prosser

I am not sure Simpson would get in the side as a RB these days and the Prosser of 2010 was awful, particularly at Left back

Later that season we had Clohessey at RB, who is better than White, alongside Barker, Coughlan (or Phillips ) and Gilbert

5/4/2010
Sankofa
Herd
Barrett
Baldwin

10/8/2010
Simpson
Barker
Coughlan
Prosser

I am not sure Simpson would get in the side as a RB these days and the Prosser of 2010 was awful, particularly at Left back

Later that season we had Clohessey at RB, who is better than White, alongside Barker, Coughlan (or Phillips ) and Gilbert

No he isn't.

5/4/2010
Sankofa
Herd
Barrett
Baldwin

10/8/2010
Simpson
Barker
Coughlan
Prosser

did either of those two line ups play together regularly (which is what I stated in my question)? The fact that you have mentioned two line ups from the same year have totally different players in them, and then gone on to mention a third line up with 3 out of 4 different players in it (so 11 different players in total for four positions !) tends to suggest that these where not 'regular line ups or our 1st choice line up.

The problem is, every day I read this we still need to sign him tomorrow. What happens when the transfer window is closed?

did either of those two line ups play together regularly (which is what I stated in my question)? The fact that you have mentioned two line ups from the same year have totally different players in them, and then gone on to mention a third line up with 3 out of 4 different players in it (so 11 different players in total for four positions !) tends to suggest that these where not 'regular line ups or our 1st choice line up.

And two different seasons with two different managers....

You said you could not recall a worse back 4 , I can , and don't get me on the likes of Hatter , Lampard etc when recalling crap defenders...

The problem is, every day I read this we still need to sign him tomorrow. What happens when the transfer window is closed?

To my mind the problem is why does nothing happen for us when the transfer window opens? the shortfalls n the squad have been widely talked about for months, by PB & Co as well us on SZ, yet nothing much has happened; the date of the open window is well known or does PB/RM not prepare for it?

And no news on Dan going is good news!:happy:

And two different seasons with two different managers....

You said you could not recall a worse back 4 , I can , and don't get me on the likes of Hatter , Lampard etc when recalling crap defenders...

Chris Ramsey....:omg:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back