• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ched Evans?

• Yes

Votes: 158 35.3%
  • No

Votes: 252 56.4%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 37 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBJ

⭐⭐
Staff member
Evans was released from clink this morning, so I feel it relevant and An interesting topic to discuss. If the club looked to sign him, or even gave him a trial, would you welcome it or be disgusted?

Few points to consider...

- Would you be happy/angry/indifferent to him representing & being associated with SUFC?

- If he could guarentee us back-to-back promotions, would that change your stance?

- Could/would you sing/chant his name? Or even celebrate a crucial goal that he's created himself?

I’m not sure on this one, think I could still be swayed either way. Ultimately I do believe in rehabilitation and that people deserve a chance to rebuild their lives. There are a lot of questions in a signing like this moral and footballing questions. Would he perform after so much time out of the game? How long would it take for him to get up to speed? Would he be able to cope with the inevitable abuse he will receive and would it affect his game? Would his teammates be comfortable publically supporting him? Celebrating goals with him etc? Would he affect team morale, cause a split in the team, those who condemn him and those that accept him? There are a lot of risks and IMO the manager signing him will have to do a lot of due diligence and get him on a contract representative of the risk.

If he showed even an ounce of remorse and contrition then maybe. But at this moment in time, no. Either way, I can't really imagine cheering him on.

No. For a club like ours striving to create a family friendly atmosphere, I think it would be wrong.

Yes I'd take him. He made a mistake, he took advantage of a drunk girl, and he's served his punishment (well, he hasn't, but no one does these days). But if I were him I wouldn't come back into football. He'll get so much abuse from opposition fans, like Luke McCormick.

Last edited:
It's a hard one for both club and player. Although you can't necessarily prove he was without doubt 100% guilty, you can't prove he wasn't. This case was literally his word against hers. This is a lot different to the Lee Hughes and Luke McCormick cases IMO.

I personally wouldn't want him to play for us, but if it happened, I wouldn't boo or boycott games. Whereas if the other 2 joined, I don't think I could watch SUFC until they left.

Just personally opinion as I know others have completely different opinions on this one.

It's a hard one for both club and player. Although you can't necessarily prove he was without doubt 100% guilty, you can't prove he wasn't. This case was literally his word against hers. This is a lot different to the Lee Hughes and Luke McCormick cases IMO.

I personally wouldn't want him to play for us, but if it happened, I wouldn't boo or boycott games. Whereas if the other 2 joined, I don't think I could watch SUFC until they left.

Just personally opinion as I know others have completely different opinions on this one.

He was convicted, so you can.

Yes. I'd have Saddam Hussein and Adolph Hitler up top for us if they were guaranteed 30-40 goals a season between them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back