• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
Im quite liking the shape of the squad at the moment , but its very clear that creativity is something that is still missing.

I still think that paul and his staff have done a great job in getting a team together in a very very short time.

I have yet to see a great deal of both hall and zaboub and i think that when fit both will have a key role to play. I have however seen quite a bit of soares and fear that he just isnt good enough to trouble the league 2 defences which is a concern. We are however just a few games in and maybe its a confidence issue , but having seen various reports from aldershot i think we are seeing his best.

The midfield look tidy and compact but seem to lack a killer pass or a burst and shot , but again it will take time and this is just my initial impression.

So i am thinking we need a talisman. We have had quite a few over the years the most recent being barney and before that freddy and goat and barrett.

Its going to take a while to feel anything for the strangers wearing our shirts , but i cant help thinking if we are to do something in this league we need someone with extreme passion and or a bit of flair.

I know we dont have the kind of money for this , but if aldershot can have Marvin morgan then who can we get in? Im sure sturrock is working on this.

Personally i would love us to sign Lee trundle as i think he would **** all over league two.
I dont think he is with anyone at the mo after being released by swansea and im sure he wouldnt command the kind of wage that he used to, but has the ability to create something out of nothing and he got a huge amount of assists back in the day.

Who do you think we could get? (realisticly)

On a side note i think bilel will prove hugely popular with the roots hall faithful when he finally gets games.

Last edited:
Think you are spot on Tommy and I think in Bilel and Zaaboub we will have 2 players to 'hang our hats on' when they are fit and in the side.

I said to my mate Saturday that Morgan is exactly the sort of player what we need. I cannot see him going much higher than league 1, but he will be a real handful in the bottom 2 leagues and I reckon he'll be on the move as he looked like a real handful.

Aye, I've been watching Morgan for a while now (My Woking-supporting flatmate wouldn't stop banging on about him) and he's certainly a very good striker... Something of a Wayne Gray Mk. II, It's as if someone inserted a football brain into a Gray clone and let him loose. There were a few clubs interested in him when he was at Woking and I imagine he'll get poached by a club of Brighton stature should he continue to well for Aldershot.

I agree we need one, either in midfield or the '20 goal man' but they won't come cheap.

So whats the answer.......
1) Sturrock doesn't see it that way? or
2) Paterson is not quite fit to start two games in a week?

To be fair I still think Sturrock is trying to sort out his best starting 11. Paterson is our 20 goal man and I am sure after Tuesday night he was fuming that he didn't start Saturday!!

Agree Sturrock just needs to sort out what is what as he hasn't had much time at all, once he does we are laughing.

One thing im not sure about is who Patts should play alongside, always like the big man small man combo myself, so don't think Corr and Patts would work.

Agree Sturrock just needs to sort out what is what as he hasn't had much time at all, once he does we are laughing.

One thing im not sure about is who Patts should play alongside, always like the big man small man combo myself, so don't think Corr and Patts would work.

Got to admit, thought Pato and Sturrock played really well together against Bristol City. But that means Sturrock dropping his 'favourite' Barry Corr.

To be fair I still think Sturrock is trying to sort out his best starting 11. Paterson is our 20 goal man and I am sure after Tuesday night he was fuming that he didn't start Saturday!!

Must admit i was surprised he was omitted from the starting 11 - two goals on tuesday including the winner, he would have been gagging to get on and score again - i can only assume he was a bit leggy.

Must admit i was surprised he was omitted from the starting 11 - two goals on tuesday including the winner, he would have been gagging to get on and score again - i can only assume he was a bit leggy.

Paterson was dead on his feet on Tuesday night, if it was over in 90 minutes I think Pato would have started on Saturday.

He looked fine when he came on, indeed we looked far more dangerous when he came on! To score two including the winner and not get picked for the next game is poor management imho. We looked so poor up front first half that he should have changed it after 45.

Still think Pato is going to be a great success.

He looked fine when he came on, indeed we looked far more dangerous when he came on! To score two including the winner and not get picked for the next game is poor management imho. We looked so poor up front first half that he should have changed it after 45.

Still think Pato is going to be a great success.

No its not bad management, if the guy was out on his feet and started again on saturday he would surely have been more susceptable to injury, then you lose a player for 2-3 weeks. Its sensible and thats why we have depth in the squad. In Sturrock we trust?

Back