• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ricky Otto

President⭐
Went to the Crawley vs Redbridge game yesterday and really didn't see anything to fear. The 5-0 scoreline flattered them. Redbridge had done very well to get to round 2 but they are a very poor team and they actually managed to play some half decent football against Crawley in periods, this is something I haven't seen them do before.
Tubbs was the stand out performance hitting a hattrick, 2 of those were pens but he was a constant threat, looked very sharp and his second goal was outstanding! Barnett was not so impressive considering Evans lauds him as the best striker outside the prem! very athletic and his movement was good but lacked a touch. Torres was very average as was Josh Simpson. At the back I'd say Claude Davis is a definite weak link, as is their left back (didn't get a name but he had hair like sideshow bob from the simpsons). Davis will mop up anything in the air and is a big physical presence but he is immobile and is very uncomfortable on the ball. The left back, despite having amazing pace, was poor too and panicked under pressure conceding far too many throw ins because he is unable to put a ball down the line.
The keeper wasn't great either, dropped the ball with nobody on him then rolled around like he was shot, the ref saved his blushes by awarding a freekick but even after it was awarded the keeper continued to shamefully feign injury, we were right next to it and the keeper dropped the ball as he fell to ground long before the redbridge player snatched it. It would have made the game 2-1 as well.
Finally a mention for Steve Evans, he's getting fatter I swear! My mate came off at the 70min mark and said Evans was mouthing off to their bench constantly for the last 20. The best one was Evans flashing his watch saying that it cost more than the whole redbridge club. The guy really is a **** no need for that when you are 4-0 up against a ryman 1 north team.

The left back, despite having amazing pace, was poor too and panicked under pressure conceding far too many throw ins because he is unable to put a ball down the line.

Was that Dean Howell? The best player on the pitch when we played them at their place.

Evan's watch might be worth more than that club but I bet they pay their taxes!

That just sums up the "class" of Evans .. having a pop at part timers enjoying (sic) the biggest match in their history

Was that Dean Howell? The best player on the pitch when we played them at their place.

Couldn't say, is he the guy with the big hair?
He was good without the ball, had good pace and that saved him when out of position. Rubbish on the ball though and put the ball out of play pretty much everytime he got it.

Back