• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We wuz robbed

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
Apart from the fact the second half was about the dullest I can remember in a long while we had not one, not two but three penalties turned down and a goal disallowed. Of the penalty incidents only the foul on Dudfield was clearcut and should have resulted in a straight red.

Disappointing end to the season in front of a fantastic crowd. I suspect we've seen the last of two or three of todays players.

Ho hum.

Did I mention Shrimperzone FC are playing at Roots Hall tomorrow ?
laugh.gif
11am 12midday and 2pm

We woz bloody robbed! The Dudfield pen was as clear as they come. The goal, nobody quite knew why it was disallowed, too busy taunting the Torquay fans.

Constantine looked gutted at the end, probably wanted to go out on a win.
sad.gif

Yes we should of had at least one pen, maybe 2, but we lost again due to poor defending. Their 1st from a corner where the scorer was allowed to stroll into the box totally un-marked, their 2nd we had to chances to cut out the player before he crossed the ball. Cort was at fault there I think. Once we were 2-0 down it was always going to be a struggle.
However the ref was easily one of the poorest i've seen all season (by the way was it a syrup or just a dodgy haircut?
wow.gif
).
I felt we lost our way in midfield when Bentley had to go off and it seemed to unbalance the side. I felt Maher was our m.o.m today, Nicolau also had a good game, Dudfield and Hunt also impressed. Jupp spent way too much time arguing with the lino in the 1st half. Constantine is wasted out right and should play up front, Bramble was average at best (for a big man he really should of caused their defence more problems) and i hope I dont have to see Wilson or Jenks in a Southend shirt again.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ May 08 2004,18:42)]a goal disallowed.
The disallowed goal was for offside, and i've got a very sneaky feeling that the lino got it 100% right.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blue sky @ May 08 2004,19:16)]Yes we should of had at least one pen, maybe 2,
Had to be out driving today, but Radio 5 had a guy at the Hall, and he said that we had been denied a "stone cold penalty".

Yeah as usual the ref was awful today, the second penalty appeal was one of the most blatant I've ever seen, any other ref would have surely given it, and sent off their defender. Couldn't really see the disallowed goal, I was at the back of the West block W due to the ticketing **** up. They could at least have delayed the kick off. Why did they close the South stand ticket office? I saw a few spare seats in the Lower. I had to leg it over to the West after a steward told me there was a few left, missed the first goal. Oh well I was right next to the Torquay fans, bl**dy good atmosphere today in both ends.

Didn't really see much of the game. From what I saw Dudfield and Maher played well, Bramble was alright but I dont want to see him next season in a Blues shirt, the rest were pretty average, apart from Bentley who I didn't even notice was playing. He's so inconsistent
mad.gif
Bye bye Jenkins, bye bye Wilson, bye bye Bramble I think. Hopefully not bye bye Constantine. Overall pretty rubbish game, but the players genuinely looked hurt at the end whilst Torquay were celebrating, and next season, with a few improvements, could be a good one. Oh by the way, who won the player of the year I missed it?

I walked past the Cheeky Girls car as they were parking
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ May 08 2004,18:42)]Apart from the fact the second half was about the dullest I can remember in a long while
Now there's a man who missed everything up until Christmas
smile.gif

Funny how people see games, thought the 2nd half was entertaining, all Southend and we were unlucky not to walk out with all three points let alone one.

Darryl at thought for the first goal (although poor marking didn't help) he should have come and claimed that cross. His lead boots nearly cost us later on as well, and he received a fair bit of critism from the South Upper.

Second goal Hunt made a great challenge only to be let down by the rest of his teammates.

Che Wilson made his biggest contribution to date, unfortunately/fortunately it was flooring the ref.

As for Bentley, how Shrimpboy can say he was unoticable I don't know. He was the best player on the pitch till he went off.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ May 08 2004,19:42)]Disappointing end to the season in front of a fantastic crowd.
My assumption is that you meant to say it was a pitty not to win in front of a big crowd? Or do you wish we'd only get 3,500 max because big crowds ruin what SUFC is all about?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ May 08 2004,21:41)]As for Bentley, how Shrimpboy can say he was unoticable I don't know. He was the best player on the pitch till he went off.
The trouble with Bentley is that whenever he tackles, he does it on his arse !

I think that the game was very entertaining. A much bigger crowd than expected. How is there 4,000 or so seats spare i dont know. I would say 9,500-10,000 attendance.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mighty_blues @ May 09 2004,11:46)]I think that the game was very entertaining. A much bigger crowd than expected. How is there 4,000 or so seats spare i dont know. I would say 9,500-10,000 attendance.
Is the ground holds around 13,000 - there had to be at least near 11,000 their yesterday. Must have been at least 2,000 from Torquay, not 1,500 and like you say, there was no way 4,000 empty seats.

I dont mind fiddling the figures to generate a bit of cash if you can get away with it, but at least make it realistic!

BTW, does anyone official (i.e. Tax) visit grounds, or do accounts inspections on crowds etc?!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ May 09 2004,11:55)]BTW, does anyone official (i.e. Tax) visit grounds, or do accounts inspections on crowds etc?!
Let's not get started on this again!!

Read in the paper the attendance was 8932. Let's be happy that this was a good attendance

Back