• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Wealdstone 0-1 Southend United

A typical Southend game of late for me yesterday. Should have been 3-0 up at half-time, chances spurned, hit bar, blocked shots, keeper not tested enough. Second half we retreated a bit and let Wealdstone into the game, We then get the pen after good work from GSM, who s going to take this? Up steps young loanee Marcus Dackers who after a real long wait after opposition protestations converts with aplomb. We have scored a penalty, Dackers clearly unaffected by our recent poor conversion rate. We then true to form shoot ourselves in the foot with GSM needlessly spoiling his excellent display and getting a red. Here we go again, visions of Eastleigh, but no this time with the excellent Lopata getting his head to crosses and Hobson we hold on. Dackers also getting back to block crosses and what a relief, we have a deserved 3 points. Also a win with 10 men, we have been on the opposite end so much recently.

Andeng-Ndi 8
Hobson 8
Lopata 9
Kensdale 7
GSM 6
Miley 8
Husin 8
Ralph 8
Hyde 7
Dackers 9 MOTM

Wreh 7
Demetriou 6

Marcus Dackers MOTM for me, cool conversion of penalty for a young player. Absolutely gave everything for the cause, great defending at the end. Yes he may not have always retained possession (as some have mentioned) but for a young short term loanee, he won the game for me and 3 crucial points. Loved the passion of DC & KM at the end, they knew what it meant. KM looked as if he was under pressure (maybe from himself) and never seen him so animated and emotional, continually touching the badge. Yesterday is what unites fans to the club. UTB

things I found out yesterday about wealdstone....you need a 4000 capacity to be fit for NL football. The council haven't renewed or renegotiated they're 10 yr lease so they are hamstring in developing the ground and could need to look for another. They don't even have sprinklers. The pitch is watered by 3 hoses, which is why it was so dry.
Apparently col u are sniffing around they're manager but he wants good amount from his proper job at bt so he probably wouldn't be intetested.
The chairman has a bit of a RM trait in that he likes to be too involved and actually takes over things others are apparently better at (ie marketing).
They rely a lot on fan involvement for ground upkeep and have done most of what is possible with the lease situation.
Asides lease requirements there are other ‘A’ ground grading factors being in the NL notably having potential to increase capacity, which nigh on impossible at clubs such as Stones, Maidenhead and Dorking etc, to allow for possible entry into the EFL, a 5,000 capacity being the aim. Unfortunately even with the most willing of volunteers most clubs at this level just haven’t the dosh at their disposal to make such major facility upgrades.

Yeah was impressed with Dackers’ defensive side .. helped out a lot. Defensively on the whole we look so much better with Lopata alongside Hobson, who had another blinder. It’s interesting that we drop Powell and get 2 clean sheets. Better shape? Better ball retention? Coincidence?

Hyde has a lot more to offer I feel..he doesn’t seem to have hit 4th gear yet.
I’m not sure Hyde got out of second gear yesterday.

Dropping Powell certainly helps us with ball retention but the bigger factor has to be Łopata.

Back