• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Badger74

Manager
To much going on about protests and boycotting

If we could get everyone to wear yellow during the Burton game to show Martin we have all had enough of him and his lies along with a 30 mins sit in after the game to voice our anger.
This would show that we are supporting the team for 90 mins, anyone who does not want to voice their anger will be wearing yellow and we get our message across.
If we can get this in the echo we may even get a decent crowd as many of the old fans may attend just to show Martin what he has done with OUR club.

What do you think???

Did this need a new thread Wardy ??

Besides which i don't own any yellow AND Burton play in yellow

Apart from that blinding mate :winking:

Yes as this is the way we should go.
Put it on other thread and it will get lost

Maybe do a poll on what we should do.

Its taken so long for everyone now to start agreeing and we must show Martin how he has murdered our club

To much going on about protests and boycotting

If we could get everyone to wear yellow during the Burton game to show Martin we have all had enough of him and his lies along with a 30 mins sit in after the game to voice our anger.
This would show that we are supporting the team for 90 mins, anyone who does not want to voice their anger will be wearing yellow and we get our message across.
If we can get this in the echo we may even get a decent crowd as many of the old fans may attend just to show Martin what he has done with OUR club.

What do you think???

Not a bad idea actually, but the word would need to get widely spread so it is known within the club that the visual protest is against Martin. Certainly better than waiting in the car park hurling abuse at him whilst he's sitting in his office drinking a glass of vino and admiring his hair.

Yes as this is the way we should go.
Put it on other thread and it will get lost

Maybe do a poll on what we should do.

Its taken so long for everyone now to start agreeing and we must show Martin how he has murdered our club
Why have you decided this? There's a perfectly good thread going with the possible options, I think you're jumping the gun a bit - and as for yellow, well, it'd not be noticed at all, just be thought it was people wearing their old away shirts. If you're going to do a "colour" sit in, it has to be something more obvious.

Why have you decided this? There's a perfectly good thread going with the possible options, I think you're jumping the gun a bit - and as for yellow, well, it'd not be noticed at all, just be thought it was people wearing their old away shirts. If you're going to do a "colour" sit in, it has to be something more obvious.

How about pink ? :smile:

Well seeing as you have to comment/post on every thread why dont you suggest a colour rather then moaning about it!!!!!!!!

Why do the people who want to protest/boycott/whatever seem to think that the dwindling attendances are because 'old fans' hate Ron Martin? Isn't it clear that those fans that no longer turn up just hate League 2 football? In fact our attendances this season have been pretty good considering we've had two relegations in four years, and we're playing utter dross most weeks.

Until someone gives me a reason that stretches further than 'we have to do something', or 'we need to show Ron we're not happy', I'm afraid I just won't believe that any of this has any point whatsoever. That even on this board - a self-selecting sample of dedicated Southend fans - a lot of people don't want to do these things suggests trying to accomplish any protest in great numbers will be futile, just like the car-park chanting last season, and (in terms of numbers at least), The Blue Voice.

Well seeing as you have to comment/post on every thread why dont you suggest a colour rather then moaning about it!!!!!!!!
Who is moaning? I think if you check the dictionary definition, I'm not doing any kind of moaning merely stating what seems to be an obvious fact!

Back