• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

wearing trainers to/from work.

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
I have noticed that I am wearing out a lot if shoes walking between Fenchurch Street and Fleet Street. In order to reduce my expenses and save a few snakes/crocodiles I have started to wear a pair of Asics running shoes to/from work.

What are peoples views on this?

I used to wear trainers for work :smile:

Happy days - oh hang on, they weren't.

seen a few people over the last couple of years doing this to and from stations, even women are starting to do it, i would if it was me.

Personally, I wear jeans and timberlands to / from the office and change into a suit upon arrival. Saves a fortune in dry cleaning and suit / shoe wear and tear plus I find it generally more comfy. Days like the other day where it was pishing it down meant I was out of my wet jeans and nice and dry when I got in.

It's the future.

In the days when I used to go and spend ages waiting down at Benfleet station car park for the ex to get back from London, I saw plenty of men and women doing this - it's practical and a lot easier to walk in bad weather.

Acceptable behaviour although I am reluctant to do it myself for some reason even though I go through shoes like Barry Fry goes through cream buns.

Acceptable behaviour although I am reluctant to do it myself for some reason even though I go through shoes like Barry Fry goes through cream buns.

How does one go through shoes like a Judas ****?

FWIW, I wear running shoes to and from work as I run.

I've started doing this the last couple of months so it gets a thumbs-up from me.

I now leave all my suits and shirts in the office and go to and from work in casual. Much more pleasant, especially in summer. Just have to ferry my ten shirts home and back to be washed and ironed every two weeks. I find an hour on the train doesn't crease them up too much when I take them back in so it works ok.

Jeans and t-shirt cost a lot less in wear and tear than suit and shirt!

My problem is that my wife says I look like Alan Partridge in my big white trainers.

I think they are more TJ Hooker.

My problem is that my wife says I look like Alan Partridge in my big white trainets.

I think they are more TJ Hooker.

Probably more LJ Hooker than TJ Hooker, but you could always buy a less conspicuous pair of shoes.

You keep going on about trainets MC .. i've googled it but they are suggesting i'm a bit of a thickie :blush:

Back