• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Weather Watch!

Jam_Man

Life President
Can people keep us informed of weather conditions on roads and rail in their locations.

Got to work fine by car at 6am, but bit dubious about getting home and would be nice to get updates on how its going in southend and how roads are.

At present Shenfield, clear and no snow falling....

Main roads clear here in Sheffield, although sideroads and hilly places are still no-go areas. Trains seem fine.

Just had a heavy snow shower in Benfleet - it is just starting to snow again.

My advice would be to leave work now and find a pub with some good fruit/quiz machines that does a decent mixed grill.

Was on the C2C website this morning, and it seemed fine, apart from a couple of late arrivals due to train faults.

-4 in Southchurch with snowfalls. If I could drive, I wouldnt attempt driving down my road at the moment.

c2c was fine this morning, I'm near Westminster it's bloody freezing, but no sign of more snow. I'm told it's snowing heavily in Tilbury, serve it right.

On travel, in the past I've had plenty of issues with c2c, but I have to say the service in recent weeks has been excellent. :clap: That'll put the kibosh on the system, and no doubt I'll be freezing my arse off at Fenchurch Street tonight waiting for an elusive train.

Not relevant to the intended nature of this thread, but just wanted to share it was minus 10 when I left home this morning. Snow now been lying for 3 weeks, grrrrr!!!

A127 London bound quite clear early this morning.

Romford – Extremely cold and icy. No new snow today.

Back roads treacherous

A127 fine and clear before 9 this morning, A130 to Chelmsford a bit trecherous and icey.

Just got back from walking the dog around the Rochford/Hockley area and can confirm it is, at the most, -48c outside.

Just confirmation that school is shut tomorrow. 5 day weekend.
GET IN!

Blimey during my schooldays we couldn't wait to get to school on snoewy, icy days. We'd make the biggest slide possible and pelt the Head's car with snowballs.

What sort of wimpish society are we building? :unsure:;)

I got an email at 9.09am from the Mrs saying it was snowing heavily in Southend.

No snow here in London W1, C2C running like a finely oiled machine as ever!

Blimey during my schooldays we couldn't wait to get to school on snoewy, icy days. We'd make the biggest slide possible and pelt the Head's car with snowballs.

And here is a painting commissioned of that very day..Harry is second in from the left.

Children_throwing_snow_balls_1785.jpg

Our good friend Health and Safety! ;)

My school is across 3 buildings too so can't 'contain' the youngsters!

Just spoke to my old man who left Wakering, got as far as the Bell and turned home.

waltham abbey was minus 7 this morning at 8am..... a127 and m25 were clear though it seems most people are off work......no snow so far here !!!!

Back