• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Options.

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
Mrs DtS and I are quite frankly at loggerheads.

The wedding of the decade - no sorry century is now just 5 weeks and 3 days away. All appears to be done except the fact I have no ring, suit or speech but hey plenty of time.

About six months ago we went to see my good friend and SZ poster (And Southend's number one) Lucky Luca's Mum - The lovely Lynn who kindly did our wedding invitees for us. (Unbelievably low price and super quality - PM Lucky Luca for price).

Anyway as part of the reception which were having on Brighton seafront we are of course having a meal. Now unlike most weddings we wanted to give people a choice of meal. I think its fair to say normally you are given no choice but we wanted try and make everyones day special.

So the choice is

1) Chicken,Spuds and Veg,
2) Seabass and Summer Veg
3) Wild Mushroom Risotto.

More than enough choice even for the most fussy *******. Anyway so invites went out and menu choices come flooding back in.

Well - Mrs DtS have a friend who she hasnt seen for years. They used to be mates when they were 156 but her mate got a fella (Off the Internet) and basically has not been seen. So the Mrs had a real battle if she was going to invite her or not. In the end she ended up no only inviting her but also her husband that I have never met and the Mrs has only met once in the six ears they have been married.

Anyway - get there reply back but the letter is a bit more bulky than the bog standard reply. It reads along the lines as follows

"Dear Lucie and Holly aka Daughter of DTS (No ****ing mention of the groom). Brian and I would be delighted to attend your wedding. However Brian has chromes diseases and so the menu on offer is not suitable for him.

Please can he have plain chicken which must be cooked seperate from any other saucy chickens, spuds (Must not include any butter or seasoning) and caulifour and brocolli only."

Chromes dieseas is apparantly a diseases where anything that has any sort of adatives makes you **** yourself and you can be ill.

Now I personally am ****ed off as I think he is lucky to get a choice of food and with the chef cooking for 95 as it it I think its a joke. We havent even said what veg we are having and the bloke is demmanding what he wants.....

Mrs DtS says I am being a **** and the bloke has an illness and is quite within his rights to ask for a special menu. I personally think if its that bad either dont come or bring a ****ing packed lunch.

Am I just being a tit or what?

With you on this Dave ... tell him he gets the same as the rest or don't bother turning up, its your big day/funeral* and you shouldn't be pandering to all and sundry

* delete as appropriate

Oh and you should ask the missus to get healthier friends in future

I think you need to write back to this 'friend of the bride' stating that you feel it might be better if they provide food for the other half. You cannot guarantee that his specific dietary requirements could be met and you'd hate to aggrevate his condition.

Its a slippery slope, once you make allowances for one they'll all be at it. Nip it in the bud quick smart.

I can see both sides. Firstly, I would have only invited them to the evening at which point grub is not an issue. However, given that you have invited them to the day, you can hardly expect him to sit there with a packed lunch whilst everyone else gets stuck in.

Also, I don't really think this is something you need to be worrying about. Just pass on the request to the venue and let them deal with it. I'm sure they are used to all sorts of requests and will be able to cope and i doubt it's going to cost a penny more.

Hard one really. It is a Health/Dietary need for the chap. It's a bit like being invited to a wedding where the menu has peanuts in it and you suffer from a peanut allergy.

Saying that, I was invited to a wedding and it was for Vegetarain. I am not vegetarian and they would not cater for meat eaters, So I didn't go.

If you tell these people not to bother it is going to set you back a toaster or George Foreman grill at the very least.

Once you have decided the seating plan lay out a selection of non-perishable snacks (such as Peperami wide boys or some of those Westlers burgers that I am sure the caterers would be happy to microwave) at the place where this bloke will be sitting.

That way everyone is happy.

Last edited:
As a point of interest is Chromes Disease the one they treat with lotion that you rub into your skin and then buff up with a lint free cloth ??

CrohN's disease. **** 'em and invite them to the evening or not at all.

Last edited:
Send out for a Plain McChicken Sandwich with Lettuce for him!

Stick me down for the Risotto, my invite must have got lost in the post! ;)

Send out for a Plain McChicken Sandwich with Lettuce for him!

Stick me down for the Risotto, my invite must have got lost in the post! ;)

I heard you weren't invited as there is only £3k in the budget for the meal and it was feared you'd use all that up on starters :p

My uncle has Chrone's and I know how it can be quite distressing. It's up to your missus - how much does she want her there? It's not too much effort to knock up a one-off dish.

You invited him , hospitality dictates as host you must cater for all his needs , and wants for 3 days if he breaks bread with you , and you must protect all guest while they remain under your tent while providing fine sweet wines and delicate fleshs to sate carnal pleasures ... wait this is from The Good Persian host guide 450BC !!!

Don't worry about it, just do what The Flying Scotsman suggested - hand the letter to the venue and let them deal with it.

If the venue can't accommodate the request, or **** it up, it is not your problem.

Just relax and enjoy the day.

Agree with SBS. The Venue should be able to cater for these odd requirements. You cant blame them for telling you the menu isnt suitable otherwise you are paying for a meal no one will eat.
Might be time for a little bit of sympathy for the fella and hope they bring a big present.

Back