• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Options.

• Total voters
Mrs DtS and I are quite frankly at loggerheads.

The wedding of the decade - no sorry century is now just 5 weeks and 3 days away. All appears to be done except the fact I have no ring, suit or speech but hey plenty of time.

How dare you, mine is!

Can't believe that's all we've got left until the big day (Mine's on the same day, if you've forgotton! :p)

Anyway, I also agree with SBS! :)

i agree with what others have said. leave it to the venue to sort out, afterall, this is what you are no doubt paying them an exhorberhant fee for!

Talk to the chef or whoever has contact with the chef at the reception place Dave. I had a similar sort of problem for mine this August, but it took a 2 minute phone call to the restaurant and they were very accommodating - no probs, as every bash usually has someone that is fussy.

I'd keep an eye on this bloke.

I bet you won't hear him complaining about his health while there is money behind the bar.

Last edited:
Cheers all.

Just to clarify I am not doubting for a second the chef can handle it. I just think he is taking the **** a bit demanding his food be cooked serparately and calling what veg he wants.

Cheers all.

Just to clarify I am not doubting for a second the chef can handle it. I just think he is taking the **** a bit demanding his food be cooked serparately and calling what veg he wants.

as much as i sympaphise with the problems it can cause when organising a wedding, im pretty sure that the chap doesnt mean to take the ****, and that he would rather live a happy, illness free life, and that it is probably as embarrising for him, as it is problematic for you?

as for the subject of him not been known by yourself... dont tell me you've never been to a wedding where you knew hardly anyone, as it was because the mrs got invited with a +1?

as much as i sympaphise with the problems it can cause when organising a wedding, im pretty sure that the chap doesnt mean to take the ****, and that he would rather live a happy, illness free life, and that it is probably as embarrising for him, as it is problematic for you?

as for the subject of him not been known by yourself... dont tell me you've never been to a wedding where you knew hardly anyone, as it was because the mrs got invited with a +1?[/quote]

I dont think that is his issue.... I have a wedding to go to on Friday, and wont know diddly squat there. I dont know whats on the menu and to be honest I dont really care.

At such events I tend to make sure I have something for breakfast or Brunch that will potentially see me through to the evening buffet just in case the meal isnt up to much. Failing that a cheeky guiness solves the issue too

The fact that youve given some choices should be enough in my book DTS

dave you're being a ****.

he has probably got a colostomy bag as well ,so if you want to be an even bigger **** push him over and see the **** fly around.

as for the subject of him not been known by yourself... dont tell me you've never been to a wedding where you knew hardly anyone, as it was because the mrs got invited with a +1?[/quote]

I dont think that is his issue.... I have a wedding to go to on Friday, and wont know diddly squat there. I dont know whats on the menu and to be honest I dont really care.

At such events I tend to make sure I have something for breakfast or Brunch that will potentially see me through to the evening buffet just in case the meal isnt up to much. Failing that a cheeky guiness solves the issue too

I know what you are saying but when there is a free bar involved if I don't have lunch I'm not going to make it to the evening buffet?

Question for the groom - have you gone for Scotch eggs (whole hard boiled egg filling) or party eggs (egg mayonnaise filling) in the evening buffet?

Scoth eggs are tastier but look a bit messy when cut into quarters wheras party eggs can be stacked into elegant pyramids.

i know what you're saying Mart, but sometimes, even if there are 3 choices, certain conditions will not allow you to eat certain things.

What would you rather have, a little extra fuss over the dinner prep etc, or someone cr*pping themselves on the dancefloor

The way that some people seem to be percieving this is that the poor chap is choosing to be akward?

i know what you're saying Mart, but sometimes, even if there are 3 choices, certain conditions will not allow you to eat certain things.

What would you rather have, a little extra fuss over the dinner prep etc, or someone cr*pping themselves on the dancefloor

The way that some people seem to be percieving this is that the poor chap is choosing to be akward?
spot on, it's not self inflicted (like vegetarianism), just something the poor chap is stuck with.

He is probably very depressed after hearing about this Poll as well.

What Stevio said about South Bucks agreeing with TFS....

What Cricko said.

The fella's not being fussy, he's just damn unlucky. Best thing is, this really doesn't need to be an issue for you or the missus. Throw it back to the organisers. Not only is it their problem to solve, they're probably used to dealing with these sorts of requests. If they DO say they can't accommodate, then pass that message along.

If you stress about this, it can ruin the day. My advice would be, you've got enough to think about - let this be someone else's problem.

I agree with those that are saying pass it to the venue to deal with. It's not uncommon to get these types of requests, and you can't blame the bloke for his condition. What you CAN do is blame the missus to be's mate for her lack of good manners.

To be honest I think you are being a little unfair but the obvious stress of a wedding may of made you feel this way.

Giving people a choice of food is rare at a wedding so the normal food consumer should think themselves lucky. I also agree that anyone who is just being fussy and doesn't fancy any of the choices is indeed taking the ****. However, to say that about someone who has an illness is quite harsh. He prob has to deal with this all the time on a day to day basis, think yourself lucky you are only being inconvenienced with it for one day!
It does seem a bit off though that a long term friend who she hasn't seen for ages is being invited to the day - I'd have invited them to the evening only I think. Would've avoided this, although I guess you weren't to know before you invited them.

I agree with TFS though and think it's a case of handing it over to the venue and letting them deal with it.

Last edited:
As a point of interest is Chromes Disease the one they treat with lotion that you rub into your skin and then buff up with a lint free cloth ??

My grandad was diagnosed with that disease too, we used to have to cover him from head to toe in vegetable oil...after that he went downhill very quickly!

I'm sorry to say old chum, it appears this chap, his missus and even your future ball and chain have been treating you like some kind of mug.

The easiest and most effective solution would be to simply break this dudes jaw. That way, nobody will need to worry about what he can or can't eat, as his cakehole will be wired shut.

Let me know how it goes.

Kind Regards

Back