• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wedding photographers

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Right, thought I would appeal for some helpful advice (if that's possible) from the SZ public at large. Looking for a wedding photographer, but not wanting all singing, all dancing, million and one photos to be taken and costing the earth.

What I really want is someone to take maybe a dozen or so traditionally styled posed photos, and then some more to be less formal, more spontaneous. Most of the studio type photographers seem to start at a minimum of around £900 and offer a full portfolio service, and that's not what we want at all, cheapest we've found is £400 - not called them as yet, thought I'd ask around here first.

Would be grateful for any constructive help please either on here or by pm.

Just a thought, but look to see if you have a college nearby that has a photography course. There may be a student or two who would welcome this as a project, and in this day of digital cameras, they can bang off hundreds of shots at no cost. They will also produce the shots you want and be happy with much more reasonable rate of pay as they are not pro's.

Why not find a friend who is into photography that would help out? We've had family photos done by a friend of ours - he charged expenses which is far cheaper than a professional...)

would recommend ours, although maybe not in your price range.

www.mattcrew.com

let me know if you want to see our pics, and i can send a link. the problem you'll have is that most photographers only have 52 Saturdays, so whether you want a lot or a few photos you've still used up 1 of their 52 days. if the wedding is on another day then they may give you a discount. As Londonblue says, a friend who is good with a camera may be the other option

All I would say about using friends is, sometimes they feel extra pressure because of the friendship, and sometimes they do not get the same organisational respect from the subjects...........'come on Fred get my best side in' etc.

Right, thought I would appeal for some helpful advice (if that's possible) from the SZ public at large. Looking for a wedding photographer, but not wanting all singing, all dancing, million and one photos to be taken and costing the earth.

What I really want is someone to take maybe a dozen or so traditionally styled posed photos, and then some more to be less formal, more spontaneous. Most of the studio type photographers seem to start at a minimum of around £900 and offer a full portfolio service, and that's not what we want at all, cheapest we've found is £400 - not called them as yet, thought I'd ask around here first.

Would be grateful for any constructive help please either on here or by pm.

I might have someone for you K, my best mates wife has her own photography business. Let me speak with her, and I'll come back to you, N

I might have someone for you K, my best mates wife has her own photographer business. Let me speak with her, and I'll come back to you, N
If that's who the school uses, already tried them and they don't do weddings anymore!

Thanks for the suggestions people, the wedding is on a Sunday so I am hopeful of finding someone. I do particularly like the idea of speaking to a college....or maybe a uni........

http://www.gdphotographer.co.uk/

if you tell him i refered you i get 5%, lol :winking:
He's more than we wanted to spend unfortunately for you!

If that's who the school uses, already tried them and they don't do weddings anymore!

Thanks for the suggestions people, the wedding is on a Sunday so I am hopeful of finding someone. I do particularly like the idea of speaking to a college....or maybe a uni........

He's more than we wanted to spend unfortunately for you!

You get what you pay for when it comes to photography unfortuantely

You get what you pay for when it comes to photography unfortuantely
I know that, but, second time around, the services of a professional photographer are not as important. We want a few nice ones but certainly not a whole album and that's where we're coming unstuck, it's not that we're being cheapskates, honest, just don't need what we don't want.

Why not get the wedding party to lean out of the windows as you go past a speed camera?

Job done for sixty sheets and three points.

Why don't you both get married in the nude and run around like it for a bit, somebody is bound to take a few pictures, then photoshop a few clothes on after.

Why don't you both get married in the nude and run around like it for a bit, somebody is bound to take a few pictures, then photoshop a few clothes on after.
You know both of us, so I think you'll understand when I say NOT A CHANCE! And that's when you've seen me in me nightie!

Back