• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Wedding venues

I did the old fashioned wedding the first time (1982) local Church, Great Burstead , then reception and evening in the local hall.

21 years later the 2nd one was at Southchurch Hall, followed by the Roslin and then a evening at the Cliffs.

My Daughter gets married in September, at the Roslin .

Second time around , you really believed in keeping on the move .

FYI, my wife and I discussed, (briefly), the possibility of getting married in church,back in the 80's, as she's notionally a Catholic.It was always a non-starter, as far as I was concerned.

As a life-long atheist,I'm quite happy to carry my anti-religious "burden." Can't say I'm a satinist or I was ever abused by "members of the cloth" but too many Sunday mornings at St Clement's Leigh certainly took their toll.
I'm sure Cricko would agree.:winking:

Now I've got a mental picture of you being abused by the the local vicar.:omg:

A big shout from Mrs SBH and I for Leez Priory where we got married. Obviously it was the best day of her life for so many reasons as I'm quite the catch, but the venue is incredible and the weather was so great we were able to have an 'outdoor' wedding. If you're after that manor house/castle type wedding, it's perfect and you'll also have the whole place to yourselves. Just a few miles away from Chelmsford.

http://www.leez-priory.co.uk/

Gets my vote too myself and Mrs Ricey got married there. Beautiful venue so many options to choose from within the place as where to get married and so easy to sort everything. Relatively stress free for my wife when organising. All our guests said its one of the best venues they've been too and a really nice wedding too.

There is a nice big methodist church round the corner from the Hall oppo the Nelson,get wed then on to a game at the mecca of football with wedding breakfast in the collymore suite then boots and laces for the evening party.

There is a nice big methodist church round the corner from the Hall oppo the Nelson,get wed then on to a game at the mecca of football with wedding breakfast in the collymore suite then boots and laces for the evening party.

Nope, that has been a mosque for at least 10 years but St Mary's is still in business.
When Danny O'Shea had Bar Vic they did a reasonable wedding reception/disco but that also has gone I believe.

Second time around , you really believed in keeping on the move .

Lol, it does look that way ..

Southchurch hall was small so the Roslin suited for the meal, Cliffs seemed a good place for the evening bash, these all in one place events have only really come to the fore in the past 10 years or so, The Roslin didn't have a license back then .

Gets my vote too myself and Mrs Ricey got married there. Beautiful venue so many options to choose from within the place as where to get married and so easy to sort everything. Relatively stress free for my wife when organising. All our guests said its one of the best venues they've been too and a really nice wedding too.

Great to hear, spoken to Linda who is currently the events organiser there over the phone earlier and she seemed lovely and was keen to meet us both (as she would be she is after our money after all) but seemed very open to doing exactly what we want and how we want and incorporating whatever we want into our day which is nice, going to have a look round week after next so should be fun.

Sounds like my dream day, unfortunately unless we went on don't tell the bride I think that's a solid NO

Great to hear, spoken to Linda who is currently the events organiser there over the phone earlier and she seemed lovely and was keen to meet us both (as she would be she is after our money after all) but seemed very open to doing exactly what we want and how we want and incorporating whatever we want into our day which is nice, going to have a look round week after next so should be fun.

If you do decide to get married at Leez and use one of their photographers Neal Houghton did ours. His photos were excellent and our album he did is stunning.

B&L doesn't have any facilities now, it's all taken up by offices and gym! That's why, at MTBD, there's a mobile bar outside in a tent.

Back