• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Wedding venues

SUFC_Ross

Coach
Me and My Fiancée are planning our wedding, we want to stay within around a 2 hour drive of Southend, she likes the idea of a big manor house or castle style wedding, Me I just want her to be happy, has anyone any suggestions? Obviously we are scrolling the internet but I wondered if any of you fellow zoners have been to or had a wedding at a wonderful place that fits this criteria.

The Lawns in Rochford looks ok, as does The big house in Hylands Park, only ever dropped off there.

We got married at Stock Brook Manor - I couldn't recommend them highly enough. The day went really smoothly, the venue is really nice (also good for photos), the food was lovely and the staff are really nice :thumbsup:.

Me and My Fiancée are planning our wedding, we want to stay within around a 2 hour drive of Southend, she likes the idea of a big manor house or castle style wedding, Me I just want her to be happy, has anyone any suggestions? Obviously we are scrolling the internet but I wondered if any of you fellow zoners have been to or had a wedding at a wonderful place that fits this criteria.

I'm going to a wedding at Hedingham Castle next month, which is not far from Halstead (if you didn't know). My mate did tell me how much it cost to hire but I can't remember exactly, I know it was a lot though!

http://www.hedinghamcastle.co.uk/

A big shout from Mrs SBH and I for Leez Priory where we got married. Obviously it was the best day of her life for so many reasons as I'm quite the catch, but the venue is incredible and the weather was so great we were able to have an 'outdoor' wedding. If you're after that manor house/castle type wedding, it's perfect and you'll also have the whole place to yourselves. Just a few miles away from Chelmsford.

http://www.leez-priory.co.uk/

I remember playing golf and staying over at 5 Lakes once. I don't know if they do weddings, but if they do you could do a lot worse.

A big shout from Mrs SBH and I for Leez Priory where we got married. Obviously it was the best day of her life for so many reasons as I'm quite the catch, but the venue is incredible and the weather was so great we were able to have an 'outdoor' wedding. If you're after that manor house/castle type wedding, it's perfect and you'll also have the whole place to yourselves. Just a few miles away from Chelmsford.

Couldn't agree more, been to a few weddings there over the years, and I couldn't praise it highly enough. It is a truly lovely setting.

Glad Lee has gone for the more Essex plural of his name

Worth keeping an eye on Groupon as they do wedding packages at Leeds Castle in Kent and at other nice venues. Best one of that type I've been too is a bit too far away for you, but do have a look if you have cash to splash!

http://www.swintonpark.com/weddings/introduction/

swinton%20park.jpg

Myself and Mrs BB got married at Smeetham Hall Barn which is up near Sudbury, so within 2hrs from Southend. Really nice place, but was 16 years ago, so not sure what it's like now

If you want not cheap within 2 hours of Southend, we've been invited to a wedding at The Savoy in December. We've been told by the bride that she's got a deal on rooms as well: for wedding guests they're only £350 a night. I joked and said we need 2, one for us and one for the boys!

My daughter is getting married at Quendon Hall (aka Parklands) next year. We had a look round a few weeks ago. Really nice place. Its on the way to Saffron Waldon.

Hadleigh Castle.

How about at your local parish CHURCH?
Not much better for the bride than arriving outside with her dad, five minutes late etc and the walk down the aisle while the organ plays.
You can have your reception where you like BUT a CHURCH service is the Real Big Proper thing!
Do it once and do it right.

Back