• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Weddingzone

Davros

The Whippet
When you married folks were sorting out your weddings, how much did you pay for the church? Just need a rough idea (C.O.E btw)

ta, Dav

Civil ceremony here for this heathen mate which cost about £450 for the registrar, £60 for the legal stuff.

So no mention of Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha or The Great Spaghetti Monster in any songs you play thanking you ;)

Have a look at this though.....

Last edited:
We didn't have a CoE wedding and didn't have to pay for the church, as my parents go there and my Aunty did the service.

We had to pay for the church flowers, and brought everyone a small gift to say thanks.

If you are getting married at your Parish church you'll be fine, but I think if you're outside of your Parish you'll have to agree to go to church for a bit.

I found this on google:
How much does it cost to get married?
Cost of religious ceremony in the Church of England or Church in Wales – please check fees with the Minister of the church in which you are planning to marry. As a guide the Church of England’s current published prices:
Publication of banns of marriage £22
Certificate of banns issued at time of publication £12
Marriage Service £254
Cost of religious ceremony at a building other than Church of England or Church in Wales – unless the building has an Authorised Person – there will be a £47.00 fee for the Registrar and there may be further fees charged by the trustees of the building and the person who performs the ceremony.
Cost of marriage certificate: £3.50
* Prices quoted correct as of December 2009

We got married in a CoS church and think we just had to pay for the electric and heating during the service (so about £80). We also had to pay for the flowers etc which were just left after for the old folk to nick.

Cheers for that MK, shame about that expensive DJ tho eh! ;)

I expect at least Bruno Brookes quality sir!

We got married in a CoS church and think we just had to pay for the electric and heating during the service (so about £80). We also had to pay for the flowers etc which were just left after for the old folk to nick.

Church of Scientology?

lizard-man-2450.jpg

Last edited:
We got married in a COE and the cost was £800. That was the basis Dave and the flowers, organsist etc took the bill to a grand.

Lucky for us the wifes Dad is a car dealer and is good chums with the vicar and told me he is a crooked ******* so once I found this out I offered to take him out for a drink and I offered him a cash "price" of £300 not to go through the books which he took.He even threw in free programmes of the service on the day.

Good to see honesty is alive and well.

I would also add outs was a fairly high up Church in terms of the hieracy - Smaller ones are a fair bit less.

Simon Cowell obviously got jealous as he too is getting married there now.

I would also say mate with EVERTHING you buy make sure thst you haggle haggle haggle I worked out the other day I saved £6000 almost by never accepting a price. More than halved the photographer, more than halved the cake costs, florist, DJ you name it. Its a credit crunch after all.

Last edited:
Also Dave if you want details of the photographer I used then let me know. Did 8 hours for £500 all in and the standard of photos we were delighted in . I know he will cover Essex too as he quoted for my cousin.

I can also strongly recommend my photographer we used. He was absolutely fantastic. If you want I can send you the link to our official photos. Good to speak to a few different ones because they're quite different. also the prices range quite a bit too.

Also Dave if you want details of the photographer I used then let me know. Did 8 hours for £500 all in and the standard of photos we were delighted in . I know he will cover Essex too as he quoted for my cousin.

Thanks for the offer mate, but i will be getting wed in Keswick

Would certainly recommend striking an unofficial cash deal with the vicar, will save you a few bob. Bruv in law is one. They get paid peanuts and so survive (quite well if they play the game) by carving up deals for this and that, being nice to old wrinklies with pots of dosh, etc. Hmmm. Alledgedly.

Back