• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

EastStandBlue

Life President
Wednesday hit with their third winding-up order in as many months...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sheff_wed/9046173.stm

Looking at the football boards, a number of rumours floating around that this is it for them and they'll enter voluntary administration with the aim of finding a suitable buyer who'll benefit from taking them on the cheap.

Some Wednesday fan on a forum I glance at worked out that their wage bill, given the accrued PAYE of circa £600k over two months, would leave their wage bill in excess of £7.2m. No matter how many you get through the gates, that's an obscene wage bill for a League One club and only further proves that it's these extortionate wages that are crippling mid-size clubs like Wednesday.

I fully agreed with the Wednesday chairman last season that it's wrong that a club like Crystal Palace can enter administration on three occasions and escape any serious punishment... I'll be interested to hear his views on this particular circumstance.

Back