• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wednesday's Second Question - The Apprentice

Usual_Suspect

Members
Why is it that when the firing is done on the Apprentice is always shows that outside of Canary Wharf tower (aka One Canada Square) and when they are rushing back from the tasks it also gives the impression that is Canary Wharf.

However, once someone is fired they are seen walking out of a building called Brentwood House and into their cab?

Not a very interesting question but one of those things that really really gets to me.

:confused:

The wonderful world of TV spin. I'm amazed how he's so rich when Amstrad where absolute pieces of junk. There computers were only owned by the school spanners who's parents wouldn't buy them a Commodore 64 or Amiga just in case they played games on them.

The wonderful world of TV spin. I'm amazed how he's so rich when Amstrad where absolute pieces of junk. There computers were only owned by the school spanners who's parents wouldn't buy them a Commodore 64 or Amiga just in case they played games on them.

From wikipedia..

Despite being best known as a technology businessman, most of Sugar's wealth now derives from his property portfolio in Mayfair, rather than business ventures

Doesn't he also own Viglen and other PC manufacturers?

I always knew I had a tough upbringing!...I never had a papermate pen either.

What was Sugar thinking of in keeping that twerp Simon! This was quite frankly the worst decision ever. Naomi, whilst being a bit dizzy certainly didn't deserve to get canned tonight.
Tonight's episode was so funny, Simon made a complete fool out of himself with the trampoline legs and when he actually tested it.

TRE is my pick to win it!

I'm amazed how he's so rich when Amstrad where absolute pieces of junk

Thing is he made them available to the average person. He also pioneered the "stack" Hi Fi system and made new electronic gadgetry available to the man in the street.

My Dad worked for him for about 25 years. Forget all the hard nosed business stuff you hear about him, when the old man retired, he shut the factory at lunch time and ordered everyone over the pub for the afternoon.
He also got a lot of bad publicity with the Spurs thing but if he hadnt of stepped in they were due to go skint.
On the night of the Sugar/Venables take over, Venables didnt have his money in place. Sugar had to cover it for him. Hes a top bloke in my opinion.

What was Sugar thinking of in keeping that twerp Simon! This was quite frankly the worst decision ever. Naomi, whilst being a bit dizzy certainly didn't deserve to get canned tonight.
Tonight's episode was so funny, Simon made a complete fool out of himself with the trampoline legs and when he actually tested it.

Agree with you on the firing side, Simon should definitely have got canned. I think the final will be between Tre and Kristina. The interviews next week should be fun. Katie's true colours will probably come out, and Lohit and Simon will just get eaten alive, whereas Tre and Kristina will tough it out.

Thing is he made them available to the average person. He also pioneered the "stack" Hi Fi system and made new electronic gadgetry available to the man in the street.

My Dad worked for him for about 25 years. Forget all the hard nosed business stuff you hear about him, when the old man retired, he shut the factory at lunch time and ordered everyone over the pub for the afternoon.
He also got a lot of bad publicity with the Spurs thing but if he hadnt of stepped in they were due to go skint.
On the night of the Sugar/Venables take over, Venables didnt have his money in place. Sugar had to cover it for him. Hes a top bloke in my opinion.

So did mine Steveo, He was production manager at Shoebury and always spoke highly of Sir Alan

Reckon you're right Naps. I reckon the Beeb have their two-penneth worth regarding "characters" they want to keep in the show.

The guys obviously got business sense, but Alan Sugar nailed it last night. He's only in it to use his name to increase his profile. IMO he doesn't want to work for Sir Alan, he just needs a solid foundation to start up his own business. Although his arrogance has decreased since the start of the series, he is still a jumped up little tw*t in my eyes. It is so obvious he couldn't work for someone else and has self-employed written all over him.

to be fair simon had a shocker but has been really good in previous rounds. that naomi was the best in that team yesterday but has never really shone

cristina is awsome and i hope she wins, also the interviews will destroy lohit and simon and katie will be all smarmy and confident but will get beaten down. I think the final will be tre and cristina, please someone punch katie i hate the bitch.

Interview stage tonight, always one of the best episodes. Who could forget last years, where Paul crashed and burned, after saying that he hated Big Issue sellers!! I'm banking on the final being between Tre and Christina. Simon and Lohit will be eaten alive, whereas Katie will just antagonise them as soon as she opens her gob.

Back