• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Week 4 - The Cup

The General

The Mouse (*)
Tomorrow is when it starts to get serious for most of us, and the General Stars welcome Goochies Googlies to the General Allstars Arena. A IV battle and my opposition has started the season well in both competition's. His obvious strength is his opening bowlers. He possess 2 £20,000 p/w (one 44k and one 91K) rated bowlers but one is currently lively, the other invigorated. Meanwhile 3 of his other top players are on fresh, lively and invigorated.

The GS has made 2 changes to his line up. Tapp and Akram come in for the departing Jackman and Phillips. Meanwhile Raven is being hidden at 7 in the hope he can just bowl and not bat at all. The manager has also decided it might be best to use Browne as the WK, rather than the absymal-rated Bayliss!

Kev

I'm not in it :) Not too fussed either, don't think I'd have been at home tomorrow.

Good luck to all those wanting victory tomorrow though.

Looks an easy game so resting Suthers, Richie & two others depending on fitness. With the top teams struggling with fitness and both my leagues turning out to be easier than I thought I'm hoping get pretty far this year.

Comfortable win. In the end I decided to rest as many of my bowlers as possible and played only my third and fifth choice bowlers (neither of whom are still being trained) but a pretty strong batting line-up.

It proved to be a good decision as Ramsden ripped through them taking 6 wickets in his 5 overs.

Have jsut pulled this youth pull

Junior Dinnigan (1600144)

LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, changeable
A defensive player with feeble leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Geoff_Boycotts_Grandmother XI
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 3,290
Wages: £691 p/w

Stamina: worthless Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: worthless
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: worthless

Shortly to be listed for 0.

End of Over 21: 128-6, runrate=6.10, reqrunrate=2.97 (213-10)
Soleyn 1-0-9-0
Stanton* 6 (5 balls)
Raven 9 (8 balls)

Last Wicket: Bayliss b. Barry 25 (FOW: 114/6)

For some reason, my lads seem to think there is a rush going on. Not sure why we are rushing. Was 40/4 early on losing Lamb, Browne, Titterton and Tapp. Pretty shocking. Recovered slighty to 106/4 but lose 2 more quick wickets. Philip the only batter to show any pride so far with 65 from 57 balls! Guy had earlier on taken 8-31 from his 8.5 overs. Akram and Tomlinson cost me 120+ runs and is going to cost me big time!

:(

Zia Queque (1600226)

RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, changeable
A defensive player with strong leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: General Stars
Battrick Rating: 5,287
Wages: £487 p/w

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: mediocre Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: worthless Consistency: woeful
Fielding: mediocre

I'd say he is pretty close to a batting pop and would like to train him but dont really have the resources available to do so.

Kev

End of Over 36: 185-6, runrate=5.14, reqrunrate=2.07 (213-10)
Oakley 8-0-43-1
Stanton* 35 (54 balls)
Raven 33 (49 balls)

Last Wicket: Bayliss b. Barry 25 (FOW: 114/6)

I have NO batting left after this. We are talking Guy, Akram and Tomlinson bad!

Easier than I expected, bowled them out for 48.

End of Over 43: 198-8, runrate=4.60, reqrunrate=2.29 (213-10)
Ludlam 7-2-33-2
Raven* 38 (58 balls)
Akram 1 (10 balls)

Last Wicket: Tomlinson c. Akhlagullah b. Sealey 5 (FOW: 197/8)

Classic batrick stuff here. Need 16!

Todd is thru. Drury and Bartlett with ALL the runs after being bowled out for 265. Skittled them for 146 which is quite good for Todd! Gamage and Boateng with most of the wickets.

Now need 11!

EEK!

And that's the end of the match. General Stars won by 2 wickets.
Goochies Googlies 213-10
General Stars 214-8

End of Over 47: 214-8, runrate=4.55
Ludlam 8-2-39-2
Raven* 47 (70 balls)
Akram* 8 (17 balls)

And breathe! Phew! Akram hitting a 6 when we were at 207-8 was lovely to see! :D

Kev

:)

Nicely done Kevin, never worried!

Raven was nicely placed down there eh! Gunna **** his ( and the rest of the teams fitness ) and might have to try and lose in 2 days in my OD game!

Kev

EDIT! - Attendance: 24385
Standing: 10700
Uncovered Seats: 9500
Covered Seats: 3235
Members area: 950

3 full up zone's now. Going to have to expand soon enough!

Last edited:
Dammit, I'm 126th out of 256 so still away. Got another winnable game, they have 29 players (!) so it depends who they play.

rahs raiders v Geoff_Boycotts_Grandmother XI (8)
Munses Men v Crabbys Catchers (52)
Cheadle v ShrimperZone CC (126)
Southend United (155) v lozzys losers
General Stars (179) v Garboldisham Casuals

Winnable indeed. They have no real spin threat at all, so thats definetly a good thing. Going to look to sacrifice my FC game this week and aim for wins on Fri and Sun! Would be nice to get to the last 128!

Kev

:)

If anybody needs a trainee A/R, Mrs BB pulled this guy this week

Edwin Le saux (1601727)

LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A defensive player with strong leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: DIBS DIPPERS
Battrick Rating: 6,864
Wages: £1,304 p/w

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: worthless
Bowling: respectable Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: worthless

Up for sale for £0

That's some pull, seven figures coming her way there.

Back