• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Week 5 pops

blues_r_best

Entertainment 7wenty
Just the one

Callum Asher - 17 yo, BT Rating=5,118
LH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, respectable batting form, feeble bowling form, energetic fitness.
An attacking player with respectable leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: feeble Concentration: worthless
Bowling: competent Consistency: competent
Fielding: abysmal

11. Mark Van niekerk - 20 yo, BT Rating=24,446
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, strong batting form, superb bowling form, lively fitness.
A defensive player with competent leadership skills and feeble experience.
Batting: worthless Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: strong Consistency: superb
Fielding: proficient

Just the 1 for me as well

Matt Fisher - 17 yo, BT Rating=5,819
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, abysmal batting form, feeble bowling form, sublime fitness.
A steady player with mediocre leadership skills and worthless experience.
Batting: feeble Concentration: worthless
Bowling: proficient Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: feeble

Good week for me.

Nyron Cunningham - 21 yo, BT Rating=70,417
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic fitness.
An attacking player with woeful leadership skills and competent experience.
Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: sensational Concentration: wonderful
Bowling: worthless Consistency: feeble
Fielding: superb

Brad Lamey - 19 yo, BT Rating=40,273
RH Batsman, LM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic fitness.
An attacking player with respectable leadership skills and woeful experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: proficient
Batting: quality Concentration: remarkable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: competent

Graham Sandile - 19 yo, BT Rating=18,693
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic fitness.
A destructive player with superb leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: superb Concentration: strong
Bowling: woeful Consistency: abysmal
Fielding: mediocre

Delroy Sookram - 18 yo, BT Rating=25,823
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic fitness.
A defensive player with competent leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: woeful
Batting: superb Concentration: proficient
Bowling: worthless Consistency: woeful
Fielding: respectable (last week)

Roy Guy - 21 yo, BT Rating=72,947
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, strong bowling form, energetic fitness.
A destructive player with proficient leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: strong
Bowling: exceptional Consistency: exceptional

And Mr Guy is done ... :)

Now have my nets where i want them. 2 batts and a field on Sookram. 2 batts, a field and a stamina on Clamp and Raven on a bowl and a fielding net until he next pops!

Upto 6 million in the bank, which gives me a bit more scope on improving Tapp!

Kev

Last edited:
Delighted that Askari got a first week batting pop.

Shahryar Askari - 17 yo, BT Rating=6,556
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, woeful batting form, competent bowling form, invigorated fitness.
A cautious player with competent leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Batting: competent Concentration: feeble
Bowling: competent Consistency: respectable
Fielding: worthless

He's on 1 batting and 2 bowling, and I'll add a fielding net next season.

He's now on course to be at age 20 at the start of the season, something along the lines of
Batting: superb concentration: superb
Bowling: remarkable consistency: wonderful
fielding: competent

I'll probably take his batting up to quality and his bowling up to sensational or exquisite.

2. Winston Corbin - 17 yo, BT Rating=4,327
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, superb batting form, proficient bowling form, sublime fitness.
A defensive player with woeful leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: respectable Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: woeful

12. Douglas Sipho - 22 yo, BT Rating=70,355
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, invigorated fitness.
A destructive player with competent leadership skills and competent experience.
Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: woeful
Bowling: exceptional Consistency: exceptional

8. Daniel Cronin - 20 yo, BT Rating=31,686
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, energetic fitness.
A cautious player with proficient leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: feeble
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: strong
Fielding: strong

At last Cronin pops in bowling! I've had him since 10/1/08, I must have had his bowling net missing for ages. Double annoying as his cons would be better too. How much would he sell for? I'm tempted to get rid due to not wanting to bother with his stamina.

Delighted that Askari got a first week batting pop.

Shahryar Askari - 17 yo, BT Rating=6,556
LH Batsman, LM Bowler, woeful batting form, competent bowling form, invigorated fitness.
A cautious player with competent leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Batting: competent Concentration: feeble
Bowling: competent Consistency: respectable
Fielding: worthless

He's on 1 batting and 2 bowling, and I'll add a fielding net next season.

He's now on course to be at age 20 at the start of the season, something along the lines of
Batting: superb concentration: superb
Bowling: remarkable consistency: wonderful
fielding: competent

I'll probably take his batting up to quality and his bowling up to sensational or exquisite.
Will be starting a project to create a new all rounder myself next season, Lamey will have two nets with Sandile, Cunningham, Plummer and Marriott on one net each leaving me 4 nets to blast into one player. Will be trying to pitch in at around competent bowling, mediocre batting as don't want to pay too much. Problem is it's very difficult to pull one with ITS unless you sacrifice stamina which I'm loathe to do as would never want to sacrifice the 50+ stamina nets needed to take a player up from worthless to superb.

Will be starting a project to create a new all rounder myself next season, Lamey will have two nets with Sandile, Cunningham, Plummer and Marriott on one net each leaving me 4 nets to blast into one player. Will be trying to pitch in at around competent bowling, mediocre batting as don't want to pay too much. Problem is it's very difficult to pull one with ITS unless you sacrifice stamina which I'm loathe to do as would never want to sacrifice the 50+ stamina nets needed to take a player up from worthless to superb.

I think the transfer market is the best way to acquire a new all-rounder. Askari cost £165,614 which isn't bad.

I tend to go for bowlers from my youth system, as I reckon that is the most likely way to get an all-rounder trainee. 12 ITS into bowling, 11 into concentration and 12 into stamina and hope to get lucky with the batting.

How much would he sell for? I'm tempted to get rid due to not wanting to bother with his stamina.
Hot Rod was remarkable/quality with proficient stamina and sold for £6.5m. Given that your guy is still of trainable age I'd guess at around £5.5m, maybe £6m.

( I don't tend to check XP every week)
Me neither so pleasantly surprised to see that Cook is up to strong now, Suthers and Cold Rod on respectable and Richie on competent. In fact, the only one of mine who doesn't seem to be getting any XP is the only one who's played at U-19 level. Plums still stuck on woeful!

Back