• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Weekend break

Me and the Mrs are thinking of a little weekend break around the 12th - 15th May.

We live in London so fancy somewhere a bit country but where you don't need a car or bike to get around.

Any tips?

York. Lovely city and very walker friendly. Great pubs and eating type places, full of history and just a nice city.

Not sure on your budget but if you can stretch to it, this place is amazing. Plenty of walks, fabulous countryside, wonderful accommodation, Black Sheep brewery just down the road and on draught in the hotel and amazing food. Hotel, bivouac or yurts!
http://swintonestate.com/

Last edited:
Chester is very worth a try. Like York it is contained and walker friendly. We did it there and back entirely by Virgin trains from London.

Thanks everyone. I should probably have said that we don't have much money so we're trying to do this on the cheap.<br>Good shouts though, ta

Can also recommend Rye, beautiful little town and a huge variety of accommodation options locally.

Not sure if you want UK only suggestions but you can easily go abroad for just as cheap, if not cheaper in some cases.

Use Skyscanner or one of the equivalents and you can find plenty of return flights on the cheap from London, usually Stansted, and then AirBnB is good for cheap accommodation.

Seems expensive but by the time you factor in train tickets or petrol, some of the cheaper flights aren't much different. Just had a quick look and on those dates you can get return flights from Stansted to Milan for £30 for example.

I too would've suggested either Chester or York. Some other Zoners have clearly got good taste.

Me and the Mrs are thinking of a little weekend break around the 12th - 15th May.

We live in London so fancy somewhere a bit country but where you don't need a car or bike to get around.

Any tips?

Could be a nice little play-off semi final around those dates, hopefully involving us should we miss out on a promotion spot:smile:

Chester is on my "to do" list, there's not many places I've not been to that are still on it so it's one I'm looking forward to. If you can go at short notice, then it's worth signing up to this as they often have good deals on and the Cotswolds, as you're probably aware, are fab! https://www.snooty-fox.co.uk/

Chester is on my "to do" list, there's not many places I've not been to that are still on it so it's one I'm looking forward to. If you can go at short notice, then it's worth signing up to this as they often have good deals on and the Cotswolds, as you're probably aware, are fab! https://www.snooty-fox.co.uk/

You'll not be disappointed. If you don't want to drive there then check out Virgin Train's fares. We got an absolutely cracking deal for first class there and back and we got fed on route as well all in the ticket price.

Back