• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Welcome back Bramble

patsy127

I for one have always rated Tes, I feel that he should come straight into the team on the bench to replace Dudfield. I'm sorry but Dudfeild just doesn't do it for me, he comes on off the bench, and runs less than the people that have been playing the whole game, when i see him coming on i just feel that the teams attack is weakened, he struggles to find the back of the net, and is either unfit, slow or just doesn't try hard enough, personnally i think he is unfit, but also is lazy. Tes, even if he can't find the net, ( His goals for Cambridge show he can), atleast he always puts in a lot of effort. I also feel he will get a great reception, i for one will be standing up and clapping him back.
smile.gif

I'm sorry but Tes puts the least amount of effort in I've ever seen from any player over the last two or three seasons.

I won't welcome him back, I think its a move backwards.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (patsy127 @ May 11 2005,16:10)]atleast he always puts in a lot of effort.
Is this the same Tes Bramble?

6,2"
Misses a lot
Lazy.

He's gotta be the player with the lowest workrate in my Southend memory (15years or so). My Dad summed it up, when he remarked "looks like he's taken some wacky backy before every game he plays"...

I found it amusing, but also true!

Find the attack on Dudfield very unfair. He has hardly started a game for weeks so its no wonder that he dosent look to hot is it.

Bramble on his day is a world beater...The problem is his day comes once every season and the rest of the time he is non-descript.

I would also ask when was the last ime Tes scored at the hall as I personally cant recall it..and im a ST holder.

DTS

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] My Dad summed it up, when he remarked "looks like he's taken some wacky backy before every game he plays"...

so true. i disagree with the "always works hard" statement, he is undeniabley lazy. and it would be somewhat a step back if we were mid way through the year. but at this time of year we need to get everything for one final push and take risks where we might not have taken them before. id sooner tes to come on than dudders. duds is less lazy (i didnt say he isnt lazy) but also less talented. a natural goalscorer but seems to be finding it hard to get in goalscoring positions. welcome back tes, for now...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The problem is his day comes once every season and the rest of the time he is non-descript.

also true, but he does have that game once a season, but dont think he really has this year. the difference between he and dudders is he can turn it on and do something brilliant that turns the game

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ May 11 2005,16:28)]I would also ask when was the last ime Tes scored at the hall as I personally cant recall it..and im a ST holder.

DTS
December 2003- in the fa cup win against lincoln

that's 17 months ago!

last league goal at roots hall was 22nd November 2003 when he scored two in the 4-0 win against rochdale

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote (Dave the Shrimper @ May 11 2005,16:28)
I would also ask when was the last ime Tes scored at the hall as I personally cant recall it..and im a ST holder.

DTS

December 2003- in the fa cup win against lincoln

that's 17 months ago!

last league goal at roots hall was 22nd November 2003 when he scored two in the 4-0 win against rochdale
thats not that bad... ok i cant do it. thats bloody awful! leave dudders in!

Tes isn't lazy, if he adopted the Drewe Broughton approach of clenching his fists and clapping a lot most of his critics would think he was great.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ May 11 2005,16:39)]Tes isn't lazy, if he adopted the Drewe Broughton approach of clenching his fists and clapping a lot most of his critics would think he was great.
Cheeky. For a minute I thought you would say something like, he's not a striker he's a forward, hes not meant to score goals.

Oh, and before everyone moans about him playing on the wing, well so did Leon Constantine, and it never did him any harm!

Dont think you were "wrong" about Tes - He is a gifted player and a rare talent - I just personally think Dudders is a natural finisher,hard worker and deserve a chance more than Tes wh really hasnt done enough in my eyes.....

DtS

How many of those 34 games this season have been starts? And how many have been upfront?

Not many.

Thats an extremely misleading stat.

ok then so if tes is lazy what does that make Dudfield, he comes on and strolls around the pitch
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (patsy127 @ May 11 2005,16:52)]ok then so if tes is lazy what does that make Dudfield, he comes on and strolls around the pitch
mad.gif
Disagree Patsy.

We only bring him on when were chasing a game with less than 10 mins to go...What can he really be expected to do ?

DtS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 11 2005,16:38)]Oh and in 34 games this season, he has scored 5 goals and been booked 3 times.

sad.gif

That's one in seven rate!
1. Bramble is not an out and out goalscorer. The reason he should play is as a foil for Eastwood.

2. How many of those 34 appearances were as sub?

3. How many of those 34 appearances were on the wing?

4. Whats Wayne Gray's ratio of goals (excluding penalties) to starts?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ May 11 2005,16:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (patsy127 @ May 11 2005,16:52)]ok then so if tes is lazy what does that make Dudfield, he comes on and strolls around the pitch
mad.gif
Disagree Patsy.

We only bring him on when were chasing a game with less than 10 mins to go...What can he really be expected to do ?

DtS
Is that Bramble or Dudfield you are talking about?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ May 11 2005,16:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 11 2005,16:38)]Oh and in 34 games this season, he has scored 5 goals and been booked 3 times.

sad.gif

That's one in seven rate!
1. Bramble is not an out and out goalscorer. The reason he should play is as a foil for Eastwood.

2. How many of those 34 appearances were as sub?

3. How many of those 34 appearances were on the wing?

4. Whats Wayne Gray's ratio of goals (excluding penalties) to starts?
1. Nor was/is Drewe and yet for the same reason people were castigating him!

2. I haven't got the time to find out- for anyone who has, check soccerbase

3. Who cares? Constantine scored plenty out on the wing

4. see 2

tounge.gif

i tend to agree with hong kong phoo on this one. its like a security guard at a supermarket - they arnt there to beat the crap out of anyone stealing hence grab the glory, just there as a deterent. in other words freddy will be scoring the goals grabbing the headlines and tes will be there as a deterent to there defenders. although he hasnt scored in blue for a while, he can still scare the living crap out of defenders because he is (without meaning to be racist) a big black ******* you wouldnt want to meet down a dark alley. at present lawrie or wayne just dont look to be causing defenders any concern. freddy is getting man marked wherever he goes and cant do it all himself. with tes on it will pull a few defenders away from freddy and allow him to score the crucial goals.

Back