• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pubey

They played some excellent football, and in a league full of ageing cloggers (Guy Branston) it was really refreshing to see a team of young technical players expressing themselves. Shame it was against us, but they were an impressive outfit.

I was impressed by how much quicker they were, both physically and mentally. Played really intelligent football and as a unit both in attack and defence. We should aspire to play like that.

Hate to say it but they are a very good team and deserved to go through over all. They play good football rather than hoofball.

Yep as much as it hurts to say, they deserved to go through. Faster, more passion and technically better than us.

Best of luck for the final and hope their football sees them promoted!

Yeah I have to agree. Have no complaints with the result at all, they more than deserved to win. Good luck to Crewe, it's nice to see a team at this level who actually play the ball effectively on the floor!

Fair play they were a decent side. Why people rave about Powell I am not sure but Westwood to me was the class act.

Agreed, well done the Alex. I think their superiority over the two games was greater than the eventual one goal margin. Only thing that let them down a bit was their diving. I think last night was the first time I've seen two players from the same team receive a yellow card for diving in the same game. Still, no complaints from me overall.

totally agree,i don't get why we have a very good youth system in place but rarely play a youngster in the 1st team.Crewe trust their scholars and they played fast attractive football.Local boys would surely give more than an older pro seeing out his career.

I believe we could have won..with a different approach.
Congratulations to Crewe, they played extremely well and with some style as well as determination.

Works both ways in fairness. And if the mob I saw building up outside the away end waiting for the Crewe fans is anything to go by the possibly got there cumupance anyway.

You must of been outside a different ground to us then mate because there were none of your so called fans waiting anywhere that we could see when we left the ground and just to put you lot right on a few points.... the reason we started being so 'abusive' is because your North Bank started throwning coins and stones over our side. Aside from that we had a great day out in a great town and met some really nice people, thanks for that Southend.

You must of been outside a different ground to us then mate because there were none of your so called fans waiting anywhere that we could see when we left the ground and just to put you lot right on a few points.... the reason we started being so 'abusive' is because your North Bank started throwning coins and stones over our side. Aside from that we had a great day out in a great town and met some really nice people, thanks for that Southend.

To be fair, that would have been hard considering your exit was completely swamped with old bill.

Probably the last we shall see of that Crewe side. Either they will be promoted or many of their young starlets will be picked off by higher league sides. That may be their biggest problem, even if they do get promoted.

Closed down well, passed the ball cleanly and swiftly, timewasted from midway through the first half and dived so often that two of their players got booked.

Yep they should go a long way

Back